PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 wm6.5 & HTC EVO 4G w/ Synergy RSL1 Rom
Carrier: Sprint

scoot0073 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cant boot out of bootloader

i got S-OFF and updated... in tha last step volume UP to reboot it reboots to a white screen and stay there ? am i missing something ??

[ROOT] EVO 4G Gingerbread 2.3 Root Tutorial - xda-developers

Old 09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: cant boot out of bootloader

everytime i go into tha bootloader it keeps asking me if i wanna start update.. i done did tha update like 5 times and still cant get out of bootloader..so i select no.. then it ask me do u wanna reboot and i select yes and it reboots to a white screen that says Htc Evo 4G and stays there..grrrrrrrr... so i do a batt pull then boot back into bootloader and i got hrew tha updat precess again during tha update everything in tha green says OK except these..

{2} Bootloader - bypassed
(4} Radio_v2 - Fail-Pu
{9} TP - bypassed
at tha bottom of these it says in black...Partition Update Fail !
and in red it says Update Fail !

do u want to reboot device ? y/n
Old 09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i have this su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed .zip file on tha SD card but i cant figure out how to get to it to flash??
i think thats why it wont boot up into android..

if i select Recovery ..it then reboots to a black screen with a phone in tha center that has a red triangle with an xclamation mark in it ??

Last edited by scoot0073; 09-05-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok thanks for no help.. i called Sprint and they going to send me a replacement since im still n my first 30 days...so i think i read too much and got myself confused when trying to full root this Evo.... heck for all i know tha phone is not bricked and is still left unfinished during tha process.. but i cant think straight now so end of this headach..
Old 09-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Sounds like you are over thinking things and doing stuff wrong. I take it that since you got a phone within the last 30 days that it had 2.3.3 on it, did you use Revolutionary to root it?

Once that ran at the end it asks if you want to install a recovery, you should have hit yes and it would install Clockwork, then boot into the phone and then go into ROM Manager and switch the recovery to RA Recovery and then that's when you go back into bootloader and do a nandroid and all that greatness.

Below is a link to a thread with all the steps in it, you should probably read it even though you are getting the phone replaced since you are going to want to root the new phone you get. I would also suggest watching some youtube videos, it took me about two weeks of reading and watching youtube videos before I rooted the first time, good luck and post any questions you have.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...roms-wipe.html
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea tha EVO was 11hrs new .. and it came with Android 2.2 so i updated it to 2.3 gingerbread OTA... Razerloves.. help me get into tha boot loader so i could check my HBOOT ver.

yea i used Revolutionary and i got S-OFF with no problem tha steps after that is what got me confussed.. i was trying to figure out how to find su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed on my SD card to flash it next but i could'nt.. find it..
Old 09-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Well once you ran Revolutionary and installed the custom recovery and then switched it over to RA Recovery all you had to do was reboot into bootloader and then go to flash zip from sd card and then navigate to where the superuser file was and then flash it. If you follow the instructions for Revolutionary it would tell you exactly how to do everything and you wouldn't have any issues, the only issue that I see people having is copying the beta key. While you wait for your new phone to come in I would suggest going and reading up again on how to do everything and watch a youtube video or two so when your phone comes in you'll be ready to root it, if I can do it anyone can.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Should i use tha methed in da link u posted up top?

Or this methed

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1218386

Both r diff .. yea i been readin alot on this i deff feel more confiddnt now..hopfully my new Evo will b n today.. thanks for yr help homie

Sent from my PG06100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Should i leave it at 2.2 when i try to root it again?
Or is it ok to do tha OTA to 2.3 and then root it?

Sent from my PG06100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 09-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Android Soldier

Sorry just seen that you posted some more questions. Really it boils down to preference on how you want to root and what's the easiest for you, I did find using revolutionary easy to get root on my 2.3.3, just read on how to root with 2.2 and 2.3 and see which you think would be easier for you and then root that way, both are ultimately going to do the same thing and give you S-Off so that you can install custom recovery and roms.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G