PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 and iPad - A study in WM/iOS relations

I recently purchased an iPad, because I was tired of waiting around for either an android tablet or a WC7 tablet to even give a launch date. I decided to go for the cheapest of the iPads, the 16gb Wifi. It has been jailbroken. This is the story of its relationship with my TP2.

Within 5 minutes of opening the package of the iPad, it was jailbroken. This is a ridiculously easy procedure. You download this, plug in your iPad to your computer, let it do its mating dance with iTunes, launch the spirit program and click its only button. Within 5 seconds, you are free of Apple's prison.

How to turn your Wifi iPad into a 3G iPad

Now its time for the iPad and TP2 to become very good friends. This is a simple one. Pick up your TP2 and open up that Comm Manager. Select Wi-Fi Router and choose a network name and WEP key. Make sure that 'internet connection' is set to the correct service. Start it up. The iPad should see it almost immediately and connects without a problem

Uh Oh, Apple left out GPS on the Wifi models

TP2 to the rescue!!!!!!

Download This
Grab your TP2, load and install this cab, then go to your Bluetooth settings. Turn on the Bluetooth when prompted, then go to the settings tab, select 'Discoverable' and select 'Always visible'. Go to 'Advanced' and 'Serial Ports' and confirm that your 'Incoming serial port' is set to COM1. Exit out of the settings and launch GPS2Blue. Set 'GPS' to COM4, 'Speed' to 4800, 'BT' to COM1 and select the BT box.

As soon as you hit the 'On' button, your TP2 is transformed into an external BT GPS device.

Now we got some work to do on the iPad side. By now, the iPad is jailbroken. Launch Cydia and search for 'BTstack GPS'. You are gonna have to buy the $5 app if you want full functionality, and believe me you do. After jumping through the hoops to purchase the app, restart your ipad to make sure everything is kosher.

Now lets get this iPad some GPS for Christ sake. Grab your TP2 and launch GPS2Blue. Hit the on button. Grab your ipad and launch the BTstack program, listed as 'GPS'. It will recognize your TP2. Tap the button to pair the devices. After pairing, your iPad will lock on and locate your position within the 'GPS' program. Now you can minimize and run any GPS application you like, with full functionality.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:48 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: TP2 and iPad - A study in WM/iOS relations

thanks! effing sweet. still aint buying an i pad. im eyeballing a chrome os tablet.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
thanks! effing sweet. still aint buying an i pad. im eyeballing a chrome os tablet.
Don't go play with one if you want to stay away. It sucked me in when I messed with it at Best Buy. I was there to buy a damn cordless phone and happened to wander over to the Apple section. I saw this thin thing sitting on the table and was like, WTF is this thing. Picked it up and it sucked me in. I hate Apple as a company, but damn this thing impressed me. I'm WEAK!!!

Last edited by muyoso; 07-04-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i gotta agree... i haven't bought an apple product since the earlier ipods without touch screens.... but when i tried the ipad i had to have it. Very enjoyable to navigate the internet and scroll around with a touch screen that large. It's definitely not like the ipod.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:12 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

we have ip security cameras at work that i need to view whereever im at. currently, i use my tp2 with remote desktop to my pc at work to view them. i tried my bosses ipad and couldnt do the same. since the cameras are over a website using flash, i couldnt cue up the ip address for my security system(whitch i cant do on the tp2 either) but i cant remote desktop with all the settings needed. on my tp2 i can remote to my pc and change the settings to view mt cameras. the settings are hidden on the ipad.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
we have ip security cameras at work that i need to view whereever im at. currently, i use my tp2 with remote desktop to my pc at work to view them. i tried my bosses ipad and couldnt do the same. since the cameras are over a website using flash, i couldnt cue up the ip address for my security system(whitch i cant do on the tp2 either) but i cant remote desktop with all the settings needed. on my tp2 i can remote to my pc and change the settings to view mt cameras. the settings are hidden on the ipad.
What program did you try? I have used a couple different programs to remote desktop. Some are AMAZINGLY better than others. The one i use primarily now is iTap RDP, which is really feature rich. It will most likely be able to handle your needs.

iTap RDP
Old 07-04-2010, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

joeadamo is just getting started

I looked at an ipad and considered using a similar configuration until I thought wifirouter on, cdma radio on (I like the GPS option - but BT on too) battery life ??? maybe 20 minutes to an hour and a toasty TP2 pocket warmer!!! I'll pass for now, it looks like a great toy to watch movies, and a reasonable email tool, but I do all of that on my TP2 - I'll wait for another option.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

craiggiarc is becoming a great contributor

Great information, just setup the Bluetooth functionality and it worked perfectly.

Many thanks.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Don't go play with one if you want to stay away. It sucked me in when I messed with it at Best Buy. I was there to buy a damn cordless phone and happened to wander over to the Apple section. I saw this thin thing sitting on the table and was like, WTF is this thing. Picked it up and it sucked me in. I hate Apple as a company, but damn this thing impressed me. I'm WEAK!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i gotta agree... i haven't bought an apple product since the earlier ipods without touch screens.... but when i tried the ipad i had to have it. Very enjoyable to navigate the internet and scroll around with a touch screen that large. It's definitely not like the ipod.
do you guys know if I buy it from best buy and I break it somehow if they will replace it under their insurance they sell?

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 07-05-2010, 12:50 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You should be able to get it replaced with the insurance. That's what they told my sister when she bought hers. The guy offered it and said that if anything happened to her ipad, with the extended warranty/insurance, they will replace it.

I guess I just wasn't impressed by the ipad. Was supposed to get me one the same time my sister got hers. Went in the store to check it out and wanting to buy the 64Gig w/ 3g. But when I played with it in the best buy store, I decided against buying. Had fun playing with it...but didn't get that "I'm gonna buy this!" feeling about it. But it is a neat toy...just not for me though.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2