PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera 10 B3 Repack (No Prompts/Flash Lite/Rotation/More)

Time to repack again...

I have repackaged Opera 10 Beta 3 with the following enhancements:
  • No prompts to make it the default browser or launch
    • This makes it possible to use during UC/XDAUC/Sashimi without a custom mort script
  • Default Browser is set to Opera 10
  • Rotation is enabled by default
  • Flash Lite is included in the package (all credit to JuggaloX)
  • File associations are set to Opera 10 for HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML, WGT, WML, WMLC
Alternative Packages cane be found in the post below...

Click thanks if you like...

Version 1.1
  • Updated Icon

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 02-16-2010 at 12:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 46 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: Opera 10 B3 Repack (No Prompts/Flash Lite/Rotation/More)

Questions and Answers
(Please offer corrections if the information I provide is not accurate)

Q: Why is flash lite added? b3 comes with it already?
A: It is my understanding that it is not enabled by default. Packaging the mods allows this community to evolve the product and settings independant of Opera.

Q: When I try and convert to an EXT to bake in to my ROM, the internet page on Manila launches with an error.
A: When converting to EXT the folder location will be in Windows. Alter the default browser location in
Code:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:DEFBROWSER
Q: Where can I learn more?
A: There is a great thread that is worth looking for answer in over at XDA: All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

Q: Does the zoombar work?
A: Sadly, no. The best I could do was get it to do some weak scrolling type thing. Here is what I tried if you want to give it a shot:
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
  <characteristic type="Registry">
    <characteristic type="HKLM\Software\HTC\SmartTouch\OperaMobile10">
      <parm name="ClassName" value="OM10-ML-MainWndClass" datatype="string" />
      <parm name="Mode" value="4" datatype="integer" />
      <parm name="WheelCount" value="8" datatype="integer" />
    </characteristic>
  </characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
Q: How do you backup your Speed Launch list and saved user names and passwords?
A: Attached is a Mort Script that I use to backup these settings (and some others): Backup.mscr . There is also some detail in this post: Click Me

Q: After installing the Opera Beta 3 repack, I get an error in Voice Command on startup.
A: Try installing the this CAB to correct the issue: Microsoft.Voice.Command.v1.6.21725.cab

Requests

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 02-16-2010 at 11:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

please make one that installs the shortcut to start/programs/internet
w/ no auto rotation
w/ no prompts

thanks, i have like 2 or 3 more cabs that i need prompts removed from can u help me?

Old 02-14-2010, 03:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

why is flash lite added? b3 comes with it already...
Old 02-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is this compatible with the regular TP?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

most likely yes
Old 02-14-2010, 07:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
most likely yes
How do i get Flash lite to work on this? It keeps telling me that i need flash to view this page (a page with flash for the interface)

i tried turning on plugins, i tried downloading flash, i tried everything an advanced user would think of.

umm, what am i doing wrong?

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
please make one that installs the shortcut to start/programs/internet
w/ no auto rotation
w/ no prompts

thanks, i have like 2 or 3 more cabs that i need prompts removed from can u help me?
I will work on the different packages. PM me on the other two or three cabs. I will help if I can.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:58 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
why is flash lite added? b3 comes with it already...
It is my understanding that it is not enabled by default. Packaging the mods allows this community to evolve the product and settings independant of Opera.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
is this compatible with the regular TP?

Should be. Report back if not. It should uninstall cleanly if not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2