PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Official Threaded SMS Discussion (chat style texting)

Does the touch have threaded sms messaging?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
No, but the threaded sms messaging program that has been floating around for the 6700 and 6800 works, though the keyboard covers up the text so you can't see what you are typing.
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
No, but the threaded sms messaging program that has been floating around for the 6700 and 6800 works, though the keyboard covers up the text so you can't see what you are typing.

Is that the same one from the treo or a different one? Where can i get that one from?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=threaded+text
Old 11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
I hate that, but i found a way around that. Instead of replying in a chat session, you can start a new message and then send it to the person you are in a chat with, the program will still sort it into one log.

For example, if i am texting my sister Lisa, and we have a long chat going, i can send her a text by selecting "New text", compose my message with the keyboard, and then lastly, select who to send it to. This allows you to use te t9 text input and you can see everything you text. Best of all, it automatically adds it to the chat log so that you have the whole conversation in one view.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
N00b

widdlewade is a n00b
Can you send a single text to multiple people? Especially with the Plm threaded sms? I've been playing with the iPhone for a few days now, and a HUGE drawback to the iPhone is lack of ability to send a single text to many people!
BTW, retyping the same text multiple times to different addresses doesn't count. I just want to be able to put multiple recipients on a single text!
Thanks!!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

New Threaded SMS Issue

Every txt I get it being dated 1 hour late. I might uninstall and reinstall the app tonight because that is annoying.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB Tour

SethMcMichael is a n00b
Quote:
Im not sure how hard this would be, but wouldnt it be easier to just adjust the formatting of the Threaded program that we have and have the Text box at the top and have the text sorted from newest at the top and oldest at the bottom. That should solve the problem we are having right?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:09 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I replied this on the other thread but will post it here...

I believe I have read that SMS are timestamped by the provider's servers. In other words... Sprint hasn't done the DST update yet

But I could be wrong.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Lurker

ydounvme21 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzthe1 View Post
I hate that, but i found a way around that. Instead of replying in a chat session, you can start a new message and then send it to the person you are in a chat with, the program will still sort it into one log.

For example, if i am texting my sister Lisa, and we have a long chat going, i can send her a text by selecting "New text", compose my message with the keyboard, and then lastly, select who to send it to. This allows you to use te t9 text input and you can see everything you text. Best of all, it automatically adds it to the chat log so that you have the whole conversation in one view.

This was a great work around for me as I love the palm threaded sms. I went a step further and created a "new sms" shortcut and assigned it to the camera button. when I'm in a chat thread I click that button and a new sms pops up. For some reason it bounces the cursor to the body of the sms so I type that first then tab up to the contact field. If you hit the center tab it'll pull up a recent sms contact list. Much quicker than typing out a name.

The nice thing is that once the sms is sent it closes the new window and ur back at your open thread with the new message you just typed already logged in there.

I also created a script that would run the new sms shortcut and pop up the keyboard automatically. The script only opens a new sms when I'm in the threaded messenger, otherwise it's my start button.

Attaching the two files here. You have to have mortscript installed if you want to use the script file. I put the script and new sms.lnk in "\windows\start menu\programs\mortscript". You should do the same unless you want to modify the script for your location.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Touch new sms.zip (449 Bytes, 406 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue