PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Touch - First Impressions, Questions, etc.

Please post your first impressions, pics, videos, etc. here!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
well, i got mine yesterday around 5 pm. tok me a little hunting to find a store that would sell it a day early. most stores were allready sold out. luckly kansas city has 100 different stores.

my first impression was ... man this is way small. awesome.

the size is great. fits in the pocket great and best of all feels good in your hand. i played it the touch flow for about an hour while she tred to ring me up. i wouldsay that i had it all figured out before i really got my device it self. i was playing on the demo.

the only weird thing was the memory card. everyone says the battery cover is weird, but that was easy. just use your whole hand to push up on the cover to remove. now the memoy card was weird. you have a little door that covers the card. i pushed an pushed on the card but it wouldn't click in. so i figured that the memory card door it self kept the sd card inserted. i put the battery cover back on and noticed the side (memory card was sticking out a little. didn't like that. so i sanded off the top part of the memory card. DONT DO THIS. i destroyed the card i one second. lol. i do have 2 extras and everything backed up.

well to make a long story short. make sure you use your stylus to insert the memory card untill it clcks in to place. this really cant be done with your finger/finger nail like it could wth the mogul.

over all rating. LOVING IT. 5 stars (so far 12 hours with 6 sleeping)

now i just hope the BT woks good. too scared to try it out. i like the phone too much to start hating it. lol.

Cody

Last edited by codyppc; 11-04-2007 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started
Um let me add that bluetooth works, I've had 3 conversations so far with the bt and no one has made any comment on the quality of the call. BT tethering works, it did take me a few soft resets of the phone because I kept getting the wrong user name/password error on my phone but I', actually using it now since my wi-fi connection at home is being dumb. All that RAM really makes a big difference and makes using the device more enjoyable. I'm not sure about the cube yet I didn't like it on my mogul but I am using it since we dont have the hard buttons. Battery life does seem to less than moguls but even after making alot of phone calls, surfing the web, playing with settings, installing programs, watching youtube, watching sprint tv and xfering files via bt I was at 30% after 9 hrs. I'm still trying to learn how to type on this thing lol also I had the issue with the sd slot luckily for me I forgot where my dremel was lol
Old 11-04-2007, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
I am actually looking forward to a suretype keyboard! I have had pearl and loved it! let's hope it types as accurately as the pearl!
Old 11-04-2007, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebula View Post
I am actually looking forward to a suretype keyboard! I have had pearl and loved it! let's hope it types as accurately as the pearl!
i use to have the bb 7100i which used the 20 key suretype. i think it works just as good. in fact i like this suretype a little better than the full keyboard. i think it helps me since i cant spell. with suretype i rely on the autocomplete more.

to each his own though.

cody
Old 11-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
i use to have the bb 7100i which used the 20 key suretype. i think it works just as good. in fact i like this suretype a little better than the full keyboard. i think it helps me since i cant spell. with suretype i rely on the autocomplete more.

to each his own though.

cody
yea the 7100i was a great blackberry. but because i cant spell suretype isnt the greatest as it wont be able to figure out some words lol.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:48 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I went to the Sprint store today. I liked the Touch a lot. It's small enough that I ended up exchanging it (same $) for a RAZR2 I had bought last week to be my pocketable weekend phone (my account gets migrated to Ensemble tomorrow, so looking forward to ESN swaps).

The store received 10. When I arrived an hour after opening, they had 2 left. They said the other area stores were already sold out. FWIW (nothing to me), the packaging is black and classy.

The Touch is very small and light! Great screen - as clear, sharp and bright as the Titan, if not more so. Fast and responsive. After a soft reset - 140MB ROM free, 75 MB RAM (that's with Sprint customizations run). WM6 ver 5.2.1620 (build 18125.0.4.2).

As reported, touchscreen has wide 'margins' (no bezel around recessed screen) so easy to use softkeys and close button.

And best of all - BT works GREAT!! I have a new nXZEN 6000 headset (BT 2.0, DSP) that works very nicely (it would not work at all with any of the 6800 ROMs, but worked fine with RAZR2). My wife, who is normally quite critical of any BT headset with any phone, casually said "it sounds fine, just like you're talking on the phone" - that's as strong an endorsement as I'll find.

That's it for now - off to make chili for the Colts game...

Last edited by willysp; 11-04-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:22 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Memory leak?

Sprint is replacing my Mogul on a swap (its been less than 30 days since I got my Mogul) and giving me the 50 dollar credit to boot.

If this doesn't work, I'm just going to run head first to the RAZR2.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:56 PM
N00b

mpancari is a n00b
Some questions about the Touch.....

So im on hold for account services to order the touch, its been 20 minutes and i think ive memorized the whole song they play when your on hold!! it goes like this... chachachacha nanananana nenenenenununununu nanananana nanananananana naaaaaanaaanaa HAHA!!

I have some questions about the Touch...

1.) is flash 7 a must for internet explorer? what browser does it work better with?
2.) does the touch come with MMS? If not, what is the best version i can install?
3.) Is there a screen locking program already built into the phone? (besides device lock)
4.) is the speaker phone and earpiece loud?
5.) does the camera have good picture qaulity?
6.) does microsoft live search work on the touch?

Thats all for now, thanks!!!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
1) Flash 7 works with IE. It isn't a MUST, but it allows you to view some Flash content.
2) No. There is one available in the Software section with directions on how to make it work.
3) No
4) About the same as any other PPC, maybe a little better than the Mogul and 6700.
5) Yep, comparable to my Mogul and Sanyo M1.
6) Sure does, comes pre-installed.
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue