PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

cozdabuch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {{Auto rotate the Music Tab(coverflow) on 2.5.2011}}

So is there any hope on a cab for all screens auto rotate?

How about one that disables the music auto rotate with the additional cab so as not to have the music tab double rotate like happened when I was using gyrator?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:44 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: {{Auto rotate the Music and Photo Tabs(coverflow) on 2.5.2011}}UPDATED 2-7-10

**UPDATED** (2-7-10)

Here are two cabs for auto rotation of the muscic tab and one for the photo tab.
To bring back the coverflow type animations on 2.5.2011.

See first post for updated cab files!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work
Re: {{Auto rotate the Music Tab(coverflow) on 2.5.2011}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozdabuch View Post
Santod,
I'm running Energy Feb4 21891.

A couple things, 1st, I figured I'd post here even though it's not what people here are trying to do.

I want to set the device to rotate all tabs, all programs, the way the non-keyboard cousins of the TP2 do. Basically I want to turn the device on its side and have it rotate. I started another thread asking for anyone's help setting this up in the registry, especially with a cab because reg editing is still a bit over my head at the moment.

Here's the thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109498

I'm using the program suggested: Gyrator 2, but really I want a reg edit so as not to have another running program. Admittedly the program is working nearly flawlessly. The only thing is the music tab rotates 2x. it's hard to describe. see the screenshots.

Based on the reg code you were posting earlier, is there a way to enable this perminantly without a program (which hopefully will solve my issue cause it's that the program is rotating an already rotated tab)?
Portrait:

Landscape (with problem):

I have the same problem using g-config to rotate my tabs, now i can't remove it fromt he rotate list.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: {{Auto rotate the Music and Photo Tabs(coverflow) on 2.5.2011}}UPDATED 2-7-10

try this cab this will give you full landscape in all tabs but will auto rotate when phone is turned
to turn that off simply go into
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName and delete tf3d
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList and delete tf3d
soft reset you should be set
then use braindocs method to hard key rotate

Braindocs method
Pocket PC: Samsung i910 Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Re: auto rotate button with map key
Here is another method:

Using a registry editor go to "HKLM/System/GDI/Rotation".
Change "HideOrientationUI" from 1 to 0.
Change "LandscapeFixed" from 1 to 0.

This now gives you the option of choosing the 3 rotation options under "Screen" in system settings (Portrait, Landscape (right-handed), Landscape (left-handed)).

Now, under "Buttons" in the Personal settings you can map the media button to rotate the screen for you. This gives you the ability to rotate the screen whenever you want regardless of how you are holding the device. I find this much more useful than auto-rotation.
If i Helped In Anyway Follow Me On Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/maxtcee
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:39 AM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Nice Maxtcee!
Guys try the above mentioned suggestions, they should do just what you need.
I will see if there are any equal or better alternatives, but these do seem to work well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:03 AM
N00b
Carrier: VZW

cozdabuch is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Nice Maxtcee!
I will see if there are any equal or better alternatives, but these do seem to work well.

I'm a bit retarded when it comes to editing code.
Any chance on a cab? Just automatic rotation for entire device?
(possibly remove photo and music rotation so they dont "double rotate")
Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 AM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Then maybe you wanna try this, thanks to Rammann at XDA!

[APP][WM 6.5.x] Taskbar Launcher 0.4 BETA [02/08/2010]
This is my first contribution to this board! It's a little tool that shows a customizeable launch pad when you hit the taskbar. If you don't like this launch pad you can also launch something else instead. You can also say to launch nothing at all --> this also disables HTC Notification, Samsung notification if you're on OMNIA, or the annoying taskbar from newer 6.5.x builds.

Attention: Current version is designed for newer 6.5.x builds of Windows Mobile with the start menu on bottom. Taskbar Launcher is blocking all other applications from the taskbar, so it might be a bad idea to use it when your Start menu is still on top.

Release history

0.4 BETA [02/08/2010]
  • Fixed bug: Taskbar launcher showed instead of HTC Volume Control (tested on Touch Diamond)
  • Fixed bug: Selected icons stayed selected when moving out of the icon
  • Taskbar is split up into 3 areas, each of them can launch something (see INI file)
  • Supported commands: switch to Start menu, switch to Manila
  • Added $ROTATELEFTBACK and $ROTATERIGHTBACK
  • Added switch to deactive Taskbar launcher (workaround if "Stop Taskbar launcher" leads to problems....)
  • Finally there's link in Startmenu to Taskbar launcher (configuration tool automatically starts Taskbar launcher when finished)
  • More options in popup menu (see screenshot)
  • Added first-stage configuration GUI (see other screenshot)

0.3 BETA [02/03/2010]
  • Improved performance of launcher dropdown
  • Improved gesture recognition
  • Launcher window position was messed up on some resolutions --> Fixed!
  • Gestures can be turned on/off and it's possible to launch custom cmds
  • Rotate screen can also be called from launcher
  • Possible to launch htc notification through gesture or from launcher
  • When hitting icons in the launcher they become highlighted

0.2 BETA [01/27/2010] (243 downloads)
  • Added support for all resolutions
  • Added support for landscape mode
  • With a finger gesture over the taskbar the device rotates in the specified direction (you can slide left to right, or right to left)
  • The ugly "Close" button is gone. The launcher can be closed by just hitting the taskbar again
  • A parameter can be setup for each command
  • Added few more commands because I thought they're fun

0.1 BETA [01/22/2010] (518 downloads)
  • Initial release

Installation

Run the CAB file on your phone. All files are copied into program files directory. There's also a shortcut installed in \Windows\Startup to automatically launch it after reboot. After installation the Taskbar Launcher is not yet running. But since BETA 0.4 there's now also a shortcut in Startmenu/Programs to launch the configuration tool. When finished then Taskbar Launcher is starting automatically.

Usage

Hit the taskbar and then the icon of the program you want to launch. Hit the taskbar again or tap anywhere out of the launcher window to close it. You can also tap and hold anywhere in the window and a little popup menu appears. Here you can stop Taskbar launcher.

Since BETA 0.4 the taskbar is divided into three parts. By default settings hitting in the middle of taskbar shows the Taskbar launcher like previously known. Hitting on the left runs Start Menu. Hitting on the right runs Task Manager.

With a gesture the screen can be rotated. Slide from left to right to rotate counter-wise, slide from right to left to rotate in the other direction. Of course this works also when the launcher popup is still hidden

Customization

By default you see Explorer, HTC Notification, Task manager and few more in the launch pad. In the program directory of Taskbar launcher you'll find an INI file (yes! old school!) which you need to edit.

In [General] section you can active/deactive Taskbar launcher. When deactivated then the program is still running in the background, but taskbar remains as usual.

Then there are three sections for each part of the taskbar: Area1, Area2, Area3. For each area you can setup the following:

Launch mode. There are 3 modes:

0 --> nothing happens when you hit the task bar
1 --> enable the customizeable launch pad
2 --> when hitting the taskbar then launch something else

LaunchExe and LaunchParam is executed if LaunchMode is 2.

In [CustomLauncher] section you can change the image used for background picture. The file is supposed to be the relative path to the program file directory. Don't add absolute paths. Currently you can't add path to a file in \Windows directory.

In [CustomCmds] you add the list of tools you need. Always increment the ID by 1. In the section for each tool you add a default image and a image when it is selected/highlighted (both relative paths again), executable file (absolute path) and an optional parameter.

Watch out! From beta 0.2 to beta 0.3 the "Image" parameter has been renamed. This is now called "DefaultImage", while the selected/highlighted state image is called "SelectedImage"

Some of the INI file settings are immediately applied by Taskbar launcher, for example when changing Active setting or any of the run modes. However when changing shortcuts in the launcher window or when modifying any of the PNG files then you have to restart Taskbar Launcher.

Internal commands

Some people might already have noticed, instead of exe files you can also add some commands which are internally processed by TBL. The following commands are available:

$ROTATELEFT --> rotate screen left for 90 degrees
$ROTATERIGHT --> rotate screen right for 90 degrees
$ROTATELEFTBACK --> rotate screen left into landscape, by next call return to previous portrait mode
$ROTATERIGHTBACK --> rotate screen right into landscape, by next call return to previous portrait mode
$HTCNOTIFICATION --> launch HTC notification window
$HOME --> switch to home screen (i.e. Titanium or Manila)
$MANILA --> switch to Manila and select "Home" page

Known issues

When rotating the screen and immediately after that rotating again then the device was freezing. It hang during call to ChangeDisplaySettingsEx. I have no clue what's wrong. Probably some part of the shell was not finished with rotating and caused a deadlock. As a workaround I decided you can't rotate the screen more often than every 5 seconds. So if you rotate the screen and immediately try to rotate again then nothing happens. You have to wait up the 5 seconds to rotate back/further. Usually this shouldn't be a problem, right?

On some phones there were problems with the telephony application after selecting "Stop taskbar launcher". I have made some changes for 0.4 but since it never happens on any of my phones I have no idea if the problem is solved. If it still isn't solved then those people can use "Deactivate taskbar launcher" instead, which restores the taskbar to usual state, but doesn't detach Taskbar launcher (still running in the background). If the Active setting in the ini file is set back to "1" then taskbar launcher is enabled again.

Future plans
  • Add/remove/edit the programs in the launch pad directly from the application.
  • Change look and feel of taskbar.
  • Add task manager and related gestures
  • Add more functionality into configuration GUI
  • Support alpha PNGs for background and icons

Original Thread
Attached Files
File Type: cab TaskbarLauncher0.4.CAB (218.9 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by santod; 02-13-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:06 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
the cab above will auto rotate the thing
i dont know how to make cabs but if some want to
as far as removing photo HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName and delete album
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList and delete album

now photo wont double rotate
havnt figured out how to remove audio yet

Last edited by maxtcee; 02-09-2010 at 09:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:06 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Nice Maxtcee!
Thanks BUD! Just Giving Back To The Community !!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

just saw that new EnergyROM's come with the fix already there...
Quote:
Fixed G Sensor rotation in the Album tab (thanks to Maxy !)
i tested and it works fine for pictures, but when i tried on music it told me no files available. when i go back to portrait the files appear.... weird...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software