PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Forget Pandora ! Lala streams your music from it's servers

www.lala.com

Registered with the service. Used the music match software to register the 6000+ songs on my harddrive. Using Skyfire on my TP2, I can access my complete catalog of music via Lala and stream any song, playlist etc from the Lala server without my home PC being turned on. Even better there isn't an App for that on the iPhart.

Also allows connection with Facebook, Twitter etc for those of us that are socially connected that way.

Last edited by nmhusa; 01-15-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Title needed clarification
Old 01-15-2010, 09:45 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: Forget Pandora ! Register with Lala for music streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
www.lala.com

Registered with the service. Used the music match software to register the 6000+ songs on my harddrive. Using Skyfire on my TP2, I can access my complete catalog of music via Lala and stream any song, playlist etc. Even better there isn't an App for that on the iPhart.

Also allows connection with Facebook, Twitter etc for those of us that are socially connected that way.
Interesting; so does your PC have to be on and connected in order to stream, or do they stream from their servers, based on knowledge / inventory of your music catalog?

I think one of the nice things about Pandora, is that it permits (permitted?) streaming of songs that you didn't own.

Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

mr_musiq07 is becoming a great contributor

Is there a mobile app for this? And Technically Apple has Home Sharing on iTunes...It's a helluva beast!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_musiq07 View Post
Is there a mobile app for this? And Technically Apple has Home Sharing on iTunes...It's a helluva beast!
Please don't you dare mention Apple or iTunes on this site or the losers here will call you a Troll.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Phen0m is becoming a great contributor

I think apple owns lala ironically..
Old 01-15-2010, 10:34 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Please don't you dare mention Apple or iTunes on this site or the losers here will call you a Troll.
This is the second thread in as many days i have seen this Troll mention nerds and losers. We are all part of a community, friends, some would even go as far as saying family. If you dont have anything constructive to add why dont you stop wasting time by writing non-helpful posts.

As far as lala, its pretty decent, couple of artists it couldnt find, but overall i would use it in conjuction with Pandora.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 01-15-2010 at 10:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post

I think one of the nice things about Pandora, is that it permits (permitted?) streaming of songs that you didn't own.
Exactly.

It has always been possible to stream music (or video or pics ar anything else stored on your hard drives) from your home computer using ORB so that's really nothing new.

To me, Pandora rocks because it comes up with music I don't already own & sometimes comes up with song versions I haven't heard before.

~John
Old 01-15-2010, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_musiq07 View Post
Technically Apple has Home Sharing on iTunes...It's a helluva beast!
yea & it works just fine but why do people always think it's necessary to bring up the iphone/itunes etc??

Can't anybody ever post a new app without saying "& you can't do this on an iphone"?? Most of the time when they say that, they are dead wrong & who cares anyway??

I also don't quite understand why everybody here hates itunes so much. I have a 2nd gen ipod touch, my 9 year old daughter has a nano & my son has a video ipod so obviously we use itunes all the time. itunes works super, doesn't force us to buy anything & does not interfere with my WM phone setup in any way, so why all the hate??

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Forget Pandora ! Register with Lala for music streaming

Lala lets you play any song in its catalog without owning it. It also lets you buy songs to play on the web or download to your PC.

Unlike Pandora, you can create playlists and replay songs in any order (or at least thats what I was able to do on a free account).

Then the best part is that your home PC or drive with all your music DOES NOT need to be on when you are streaming music from Lala servers, i.e. after Lala music id checks that you actually have a digital copy of any song (via the downloadable application), you can legally listen to any of your music collection streamed from the Lala servers on any internet connected PC, or your TP2 (as I have done via Skyfire). Try it out and post your results.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Cool Re: Forget Pandora ! Register with Lala for music streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

I also don't quite understand why everybody here hates itunes so much. I have a 2nd gen ipod touch, my 9 year old daughter has a nano & my son has a video ipod so obviously we use itunes all the time. itunes works super, doesn't force us to buy anything & does not interfere with my WM phone setup in any way, so why all the hate??

~John
My mostly hate relationship with itunes stems from the manner in which it manages music on my drive. At it's default settings it likes to do things that are unlike any other music program. Additionally, it is a resource hog, running multiple services in the background for ipods, quicktime etc that I have no interest in. Perhaps for a Mac user it might be a decent music program (possibly due to the lack of better alternatives), but on the PC, with the multitude of options out there, itunes is too limiting a program for my own use.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2