PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PhatPhinger 320x320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
I want to remove that reg edit: Selectability"=dword:00000001, but when I delete it, and soft reset, It comes back again. How do I get rid if this edit so its back to the way it used to be?

Thanks,

Bill
What the?!? Try changing it to 0. Then, instead of resetting, go into the today settings and uncheck/recheck...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 800w

f4jock is a n00b

I'm using the Stardock Animated, but I have also tried 7 degree and even the default theme and the moon images do not change in any case. When I look at each theme's actual png files for the moon they look good and are in fact of different moon shots. So it appears to not be the themes but maybe that the moon part of the app isn't grabbing the right images? Jusut guessing...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4jock View Post
I'm using the Stardock Animated, but I have also tried 7 degree and even the default theme and the moon images do not change in any case. When I look at each theme's actual png files for the moon they look good and are in fact of different moon shots. So it appears to not be the themes but maybe that the moon part of the app isn't grabbing the right images? Jusut guessing...
Thanks. This evening I'll check the app to see if there's an issue with the updated moon phase table...
Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
What the?!? Try changing it to 0. Then, instead of resetting, go into the today settings and uncheck/recheck...

Thanks, it looks like it worked for the time being. I have another question though. I use the Phat + 66.wpl layout (which I like the best), but for whatever reason the icon with the temp and the little picture near the middle dont match sometimes. This morning I had partly cloudy image in the little middle picture, but a sunny immage where the temp is at? Yet if I change the cities, they all seem to match, for all the other 4 cities I have, but for Eagle, ID they do not match sometimes. Another issue was this morning, I had a moon where the temp was, and a sun where the little photos is towards the middle. I use the Communter icon set. Anyone know why this is happening. If I change icons then the problem seems to go away.

Hmm, strange

Bill
Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I've noticed the same problem using Glass Candy icons.

late,
Coz
Old 08-13-2008, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Thanks, it looks like it worked for the time being. I have another question though. I use the Phat + 66.wpl layout (which I like the best), but for whatever reason the icon with the temp and the little picture near the middle dont match sometimes. This morning I had partly cloudy image in the little middle picture, but a sunny immage where the temp is at? Yet if I change the cities, they all seem to match, for all the other 4 cities I have, but for Eagle, ID they do not match sometimes. Another issue was this morning, I had a moon where the temp was, and a sun where the little photos is towards the middle. I use the Communter icon set. Anyone know why this is happening. If I change icons then the problem seems to go away.

Hmm, strange

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
I've noticed the same problem using Glass Candy icons.

late,
Coz
Three words: SCREENSHOTS!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

That's one word...and I'll post one up later for sure.

late,
Coz
Old 08-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Lurker

fizban_tx is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to fizban_tx

OK, I have several mods to Phatfinger that I have made:

My original mod:

Added back the city name:

Added the refresh button to the today screen:

Added refresh button with city name:

Modified the Settings screen to keep the forecast section:

Same as above, only with city name on today:

Same as the two above, only completely removed city name:

Ok, it I tried once (only once quickly with no success, yes I am lazy...) to rename the .wpl and .wpx files in the themes directory. I could not get them to show up in the drop down list, not sure why because if you remove the files they are removed from the list. I am sure I am just missing a file somewhere that lists them... again, I took the easy way out and just overwrote one of StoryR's files....

Again, StoryR did all of this work, all I did was mess up his .wpl and .wpx files to create the look I wanted. I also kinda merged two of his icon sets to get what I wanted.

Instead of trying to attach a hundred different files to this post, I figured I would separate mine into multiple folders and then zip all of the folders up (it's late and I'm tired, if someone asks I might be able to straighten it out next week...) inside each of the folders I included the screen captures so you will know what the files produce.

For the icons, I copied the HUGER folder from StoryR's "PhatPhinger QVGA Icons" package and copied it into the Stardock icons folder... I then zipped it and will attach it here.

Basically to get the above, you install WeatherPanel, StoryR's Phatfinger 320x320, unzip and copy the Stardock Icons to the appropriate place. Then pick which of my mods you want, copy the .wpl and .wpx over StoryR's under \Program Files\Marsware\WeatherPanel\Themes\Phatfinger 320x320

Configure WeatherPanel to use the Phatfinger 320x320 theme, and the Phat+150.wpl layout, and the Stardock Animated Icons.

Phatfinger 320x320 can be found here.

The Stardock Animated Icons can be found here.

The Phatfinger QVGA Icons are here.

Here are my files: (I will also post a zip of the Stardock Icons with the HUGER folder all ready included.)

This is originally from a thread on TreoCentral, here:
http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168581

Again, this is just a butcher job on StoryR's work, I posted a screenshot of it over on TreoCentral and was asked to post it... if this bothers StoryR please let me know and I will remove the files...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Phat_UL.zip (707.4 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Stardock QVGA Animated Icons HUGER.zip (5.41 MB, 78 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fizban_tx; 08-16-2008 at 01:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4jock View Post
Thanks. This evening I'll check the app to see if there's an issue with the updated moon phase table...
I think the moon display is working fine...
Old 08-28-2008, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

MBC1965 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MBC1965

May I also say.... YOU DA MAN STORYR!!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes