PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PhatPhinger 320x320

Its an amazing addition to weatherpanel, however is there a way to use it using the up and down keys on the treo 800W instead of the sylus. I have the panel set on the top of my defauly windows today screen, and if I scroll down towards the bottom of the today screen, I cant scroll all the way to the top where the panel is located since it does not use the key command. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

nawwwwice
Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Its an amazing addition to weatherpanel...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
I have the panel set on the top of my defauly windows today screen, and if I scroll down towards the bottom of the today screen, I cant scroll all the way to the top where the panel is located since it does not use the key command. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Bill
The WeatherPanel author never got around to implementing the ability to control it with the 5-way. A workaround to your problem is to add a registry value that allows the plugin to accept focus when moving up/down through the plugins:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\WeatherPanel]
"Selectability"=dword:00000001
This has a negative side effect when moving up - the WeatherPanel plugin will change background color to the "selected item" color of the theme (this goes away the next time it refreshes itself.

Another option would be to organize your plugins into tabs so that there is no scrolling on the Today screen. The hottest new app for this is UltimateLaunch...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 800w

f4jock is a n00b

I have download the phatfinger 320 for the Treo 800w and Stardock Animated icons and all is good...no great! --Except, the moon icons are all the same, look like they are full moons all the way across the week. Is there a problem with the moon icons or have I not downloaded something else that is needed. Thank you.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4jock View Post
I have download the phatfinger 320 for the Treo 800w and Stardock Animated icons and all is good...no great! --Except, the moon icons are all the same, look like they are full moons all the way across the week. Is there a problem with the moon icons or have I not downloaded something else that is needed. Thank you.
They're not quite all the same (assuming you're using the Stardock icons with the enhanced moon set). 8/13 and 8/14 and "gibbous", the rest are full. This week is a full moon and the changes are subtle. The enhanced moon set changes the image about every 6% change in the phase...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 800w

f4jock is a n00b

Here is what is looks like on my 800. I can't tell any difference in the moon images across the week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0001.jpg (20.9 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Thanks!

The WeatherPanel author never got around to implementing the ability to control it with the 5-way. A workaround to your problem is to add a registry value that allows the plugin to accept focus when moving up/down through the plugins:

Code:
This has a negative side effect when moving up - the WeatherPanel plugin will change background color to the "selected item" color of the theme (this goes away the next time it refreshes itself.

Another option would be to organize your plugins into tabs so that there is no scrolling on the Today screen. The hottest new app for this is UltimateLaunch...

Tryed the reg edit and it worked, however like you said it stays the same color when selected...that sucks, I guess I will look into the Ultimate Launcher

Thanks,

Bill
Old 08-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Here is what is looks like on my 800. I can't tell any difference in the moon images across the week.

That is how mine looks too...your ok

Bill
Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yeah, those pretty much look the same. Which icon set are you using, and where did you download it from? Also, I'll check the theme to make sure I didn't screw something up...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Thanks!

Code:

I want to remove that reg edit: Selectability"=dword:00000001, but when I delete it, and soft reset, It comes back again. How do I get rid if this edit so its back to the way it used to be?

Thanks,

Bill
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes