View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Maxx134
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
...After last night, I realized that checktime = polling time and 20-30 is waaaay too low, it seemed like I was burning battery by the second!
Yes it was a necessary evil for the "SetCpuSpeed1.0d" cab solution, which in theory is supposed to be better than the early "Script" base solutions...
BUT...
it did not hold the setting solid enough for some users so that is why the polling time needed to be set low for them...

I am now on the latest Script solution, the "OC_ Auto_v4.21.cab" which for some reason hold the unit down better for me and I no longer need the 20 or 30 checkTime AND ALSO am not needing the SOD cab which sets the reg "phone on sleep" to zero, anymore.
Edit: I re-installed SOD cab Because of one occurance with freeze when Unplugging & plugging powercord while phone was sleeping...

SOOOoo for me I can't believe it but this Script base solution is working better for me..
I currently have the poll interval (a setting for this script cab) set to 200 but I may increase it..
Here is the link & encourage others to try both solutions and post your results:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281

THINGS TO LOOK FOR in speed limits:
look to see if the "Msm7kcpu" app blinks steady.
look to see if you can quikly swipe pictures in sense tab without lag.
look to see if unit freeze while using keyboard on texting or Opera posting.

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-13-2010 at 09:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.