View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Boominsvx
Regular 'Geeker

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Setting up Gen.Y Dualboot to function properly onstartup using setcpuspeed program for overclocking:

So I ended up getting it working last night. I guess I'll do a quick write up for anyone else looking into this. Gen.Y Dualboot will be telling you that Android is missing. I used the Blazin .ZIP file, but it should be the same for the .CAB file as long as it's a froyo build. Also, setting the phone up to allow time for dualboot to work.

I'M STILL WORKING ON BOOTING FROM WINDOWS MOBILE. This guide is only for Gen.Y running after a restart to boot into Android.

1. You should already have msm7kcpuspeed on your device, but for this to work, you MUST have setcpuspeed installed. If this program causes an S.O.D. after or during a phone call, use a registry editor to change "HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep" to 0. This should solve your sleep issues.

2. Install android to your Sd card if you haven't already, and Gen.Y Dualboot (Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v 1.0.6.0 - Storage Card) to your device.

3. Using the registry editor, navigate to HKLM\Software\Msm7kcpuspeed and under SetCpuSpeed the key you will see BootTime (how much time before SetCpuSpeed waits until Overclocking IF you are using the /boot parameter).. Here you can also set your boot options but the default speed should be fine.

4. While still in the registry editor, Navigate to HK CURRENT USER\Software\Gen.Y\DualBOOT and edit the data field of AndroidBootFolder to "\andboot\" without the quotes. This will allow Gen.Y to see you're android OS. (Note: If it still doesn't see it, you may need to use "\android\" instead. This is the folder on the root of your storage card that contains haret.exe.

5. Using total commander, navigate to your windows startup folder and HOLD PRESS setcpuspeed.ink. The intent is to rename it "Setcpuspeed.ink \boot" without quotes. When you press out of the keyboard /boot should disappear with no errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
I would recommend after the press and hold to click Properties, then select the 'Shortcut' tab at the top. Then in the Target line add the /boot (spec before the backslash) to the end of the target entry...
Not saying your above way wont work...
6. Restart the phone. Do not try to run Haret yet or it will crash the phone and you'll have to make changes to the registry again. Just restart it and let Dualboot load. Remember, you're on a timeout so don't let it sit to long or the OC program will start and your phone will need to be restarted. If you need more time, increase Safe Mode Duration from step 3. (This is measured in ms, IE: 60000=1 minute)

For those of you that want the easy button:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
He's talking about msm7kcpuspeed v2 HERE and setcpuspeed 1.0d which can be found HERE.
Use a registry editor to change "HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep" to 0.
Let me know if I missed anything or anyone has questions.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 08-06-2010 at 01:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.