PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2 overclocked to 787mhz
Carrier: sprint

MixIsMobile is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechieervin View Post
i found this over at xda for the people still getting sod when talking on the phone i change HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep to 0

ima try this, i used the script, no lock ups but i noticed the phone ran faster using the setucpuspeed cab, so hopefully this goes smooth
Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OK,
I am going to install the dual boot app (Click Here) and see if I can set the safe mode to the defaut speed and boot to android before the overclock kicks in.. I will report back with the results
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I note that we are at 25 pages on this item here and 124 at XDA-Developers... Guess we are all speed daemons... Maybe we should OC this thread and catch up?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
OK,
I am going to install the dual boot app (Click Here) and see if I can set the safe mode to the defaut speed and boot to android before the overclock kicks in.. I will report back with the results
So how'd that work out for ya? I can't get to 528mhz. I'm looking into this but not finding much other than dead-ends and u-turns. Starting to miss Android a bit.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nayr could you please add. 528 as an option in your script? I'm thinkinng. That. Setting Safemode to 528 with a long enough delay will allow us to boot to Andriod.

Thanks In advance!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2 overclocked to 787mhz
Carrier: sprint

MixIsMobile is just getting started

am i the only one that noticed that the scripts dont run as fast as the setcpuspeed

and just to confirm for me the registry fix resolved the phone locking up while on a call issue
Old 08-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Setting up Gen.Y Dualboot to function properly onstartup using setcpuspeed program for overclocking:

So I ended up getting it working last night. I guess I'll do a quick write up for anyone else looking into this. Gen.Y Dualboot will be telling you that Android is missing. I used the Blazin .ZIP file, but it should be the same for the .CAB file as long as it's a froyo build. Also, setting the phone up to allow time for dualboot to work.

I'M STILL WORKING ON BOOTING FROM WINDOWS MOBILE. This guide is only for Gen.Y running after a restart to boot into Android.

1. You should already have msm7kcpuspeed on your device, but for this to work, you MUST have setcpuspeed installed. If this program causes an S.O.D. after or during a phone call, use a registry editor to change "HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep" to 0. This should solve your sleep issues.

2. Install android to your Sd card if you haven't already, and Gen.Y Dualboot (Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v 1.0.6.0 - Storage Card) to your device.

3. Using the registry editor, navigate to HKLM\Software\Msm7kcpuspeed and under SetCpuSpeed the key you will see BootTime (how much time before SetCpuSpeed waits until Overclocking IF you are using the /boot parameter).. Here you can also set your boot options but the default speed should be fine.

4. While still in the registry editor, Navigate to HK CURRENT USER\Software\Gen.Y\DualBOOT and edit the data field of AndroidBootFolder to "\andboot\" without the quotes. This will allow Gen.Y to see you're android OS. (Note: If it still doesn't see it, you may need to use "\android\" instead. This is the folder on the root of your storage card that contains haret.exe.

5. Using total commander, navigate to your windows startup folder and HOLD PRESS setcpuspeed.ink. The intent is to rename it "Setcpuspeed.ink \boot" without quotes. When you press out of the keyboard /boot should disappear with no errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
I would recommend after the press and hold to click Properties, then select the 'Shortcut' tab at the top. Then in the Target line add the /boot (spec before the backslash) to the end of the target entry...
Not saying your above way wont work...
6. Restart the phone. Do not try to run Haret yet or it will crash the phone and you'll have to make changes to the registry again. Just restart it and let Dualboot load. Remember, you're on a timeout so don't let it sit to long or the OC program will start and your phone will need to be restarted. If you need more time, increase Safe Mode Duration from step 3. (This is measured in ms, IE: 60000=1 minute)

For those of you that want the easy button:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
He's talking about msm7kcpuspeed v2 HERE and setcpuspeed 1.0d which can be found HERE.
Use a registry editor to change "HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep" to 0.
Let me know if I missed anything or anyone has questions.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 08-06-2010 at 01:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Let me know if I missed anything or anyone has questions.
Testing now
Old 08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
Nayr could you please add. 528 as an option in your script? I'm thinkinng. That. Setting Safemode to 528 with a long enough delay will allow us to boot to Andriod.

Thanks In advance!
Hey - wish I could. It has nothing to do with the script and/or SetCpuSpeed. Both the script and SetCpuSpeed use Netrippers applications dll file - which is where the speed settings are.

Hopefully when netripper releases v3, he will have 528 as an option and all of the good things that the scripts and/or SetCpuSpeed do are included.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
3. Using the registry editor, navigate to HKLM\Software\Msm7kcpuspeed and change safe_mode to 1. Here you can also set your boot options and increase your safe mode duration but the default speed should be fine.
safe_mode is part of OC_Auto, has nothing to do with SetCpuSpeed.
for SetCpuSpeed the key you probably want is BootTime (how much time before SetCpuSpeed waits until Overclocking IF you are using the /boot parameter).

Quote:
5. Using total commander, navigate to your windows startup folder and HOLD PRESS setcpuspeed.ink. The intent is to rename it "Setcpuspeed.ink \boot" without quotes. When you press out of the keyboard /boot should disappear with no errors.
I would recommend after the press and hold to click Properties, then select the 'Shortcut' tab at the top. Then in the Target line add the /boot (spec before the backslash) to the end of the target entry...
Not saying your above way wont work...

Quote:
6. Restart the phone. Do not try to run Haret yet or it will crash the phone and you'll have to make changes to the registry again. Just restart it and let Dualboot load. Remember, you're on a timeout so don't let it sit to long or the OC program will start and your phone will need to be restarted. If you need more time, increase Safe Mode Duration from step 3. (This is measured in ms, IE: 60000=1 minute)
Again, the key you want to be editing is BootTime.

Nice work though - I am sure many will appreciate this!

For those of you using the Script - the same thing SHOULD (someone will have to test - i dont run andriod on my tp2) work...just use the GUI to set your safe mode to on, and set your safe mode duration to a long value.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2