PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tips and tricks
Carrier: VZW

stormin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Enabling GPS on the SAGA (i770)

Anyone have any luck unlocking the GPS on this unit?

I've used QPST to set the gpsOne settings, didn't seem to enable it, trying various other things as well.

Figured I'd start a thread on the topic so we can get it rolling.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Saga i770

michaelk is a n00b
Re: Enabling GPS on the SAGA (i770)

used qpst to enable gpsone settings- no dice.

used the xv6800 MR1 valhalla fix from xda developers - no dice

tried both at once - no dice

installed vznav and it does work but i have a business line so 611 is on vacation so i can't even order it to see if gettting that running changes any of the above. (not that that makes it free- just want to experiment)

someone asked the author in the sv6800 thread at xda dev if he would spot the source so it could get updated for the saga and he said no.

So looks like for now we're on our own....
Old 12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Saga i770

michaelk is a n00b

I think it's more complex then just enabling ports or stuff like has worked on other devices.

Seems verizon now is encrypting and playing challenge response games with access to the gpsone hardware in newer rom's. Check out the thread at xda developers about hte xv6800 MR1 gps hack. Skywing pretty much figured out the all the security measures VZ is employing and made custom DLL’s to go around them.

I read his explanation of the verizon locks and I basically followed what is going on but have no coding or debug skills to figure out how to make the appropriate drivers for the i770. (and the files he created for the xv6800 do NOT work on the i770).

There’s a lot more discussion at
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-sch-i770/120836-i770-gps-hack.html

seems like Fishy8082 also read the document that skywing wrote but that he possesses actual coding skills- we can hope he’s the man to make the fix we need.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelk View Post
used qpst to enable gpsone settings- no dice.

used the xv6800 MR1 valhalla fix from xda developers - no dice

tried both at once - no dice

installed vznav and it does work but i have a business line so 611 is on vacation so i can't even order it to see if gettting that running changes any of the above. (not that that makes it free- just want to experiment)

someone asked the author in the sv6800 thread at xda dev if he would spot the source so it could get updated for the saga and he said no.

So looks like for now we're on our own....
I'm not sure, but if you were actually able to run the MR1 from the 6800, you may be screwed on the GPS for now. On the 6800's, when you run the MR1 or MR2, you have to relock your device, flash your ROM and Radio back to the ROM: 2.09 and Radio: 1.30, then unlock your device, flash the 3.42.50 GPS enabled radio (which will lock the phone up at the second bootloader screen), then flash a custom ROM, get a new A-Key (which Verizon is now saying will be an Auto-Aquire because of the merger with Alltel). Once all that BS is done, then there are RegEdits to do for the GPS to work at all, and oneGPS has to be ran for the aGPS.

Long and short, I don't am not familiar with the Saga yet, my buddies wife just got one the other day, and we will be digging into it soon. But what I can tell you is that the Radio that is flashed with the MR! and MR2 for the XV6800 not only locks the GPS down tighter than ever before, and keeps it locked down until you flash a non-GPS enabled Radio to undo the lock. Also, the MR! and MR2 Radios embed a "Tattle Tail" to report back to Verizon to notify them of what you have installed on your phone. So, STAY AWAY FROM THE MR1 AND MR2!!!

If I figure anything out on the Saga once we get into it, I will post any findings on this end of the site. Good Luck!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Off topic post removed.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro-GPS
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Rangerdave is keeping up the good workRangerdave is keeping up the good work

Ermm guyes. We think we did solve it.

The agps server is either changed or most likely taking a dump. You need to get into your registry and change the AGPS settings. Me, Humpa, and some 2 others over at xda have put it all together to get it to work.
Humpa has listed all the cell phone agps server addresses in a post you will see at the bottom. I have found that Verizon agps server is either unstable or is just crap, after about 6-8 hours my total gps service goes on the black out.

The problem is that the AGPS server information is dorking with the GPS information/settings and then the phone says pooo. No soup for you.

When changing the AGPS settings this has brought it back after a soft reboot. I suggest you stay away from the Verizon agps server as I have verified its taking a dump.

I am also posting MY OWN current agps setting from my registry from an UNLISTED and verified ( took me 2 hours to find it) AGPS server.

I am doing it like this so that the agps server host will see less of a hit on the data draw and hopefully won't dump it because were hitting it too hard.

FAIR WARNING
BACK UP YOUR OWN REGISTERY--ONCE YOU INSTALL IT YOUR OLD ONE IS NOW MINE.
FAIR WARNING

How long will this problem last..? Good question, but now that we have a workaround we proolly won't care when it's fixed, cause we break em and then we fix em with the tool which were all connected by--the Internet.

RD

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=61493&page=10

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...424387&page=61
Attached Files
File Type: rar working gps edits.rar (1.2 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Rangerdave; 03-22-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jmorisey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdave View Post
Ermm guyes. We think we did solve it.

The agps server is either changed or most likely taking a dump. You need to get into your registry and change the AGPS settings. Me, Humpa, and some 2 others over at xda have put it all together to get it to work.
Humpa has listed all the cell phone agps server addresses in a post you will see at the bottom. I have found that Verizon agps server is either unstable or is just crap, after about 6-8 hours my total gps service goes on the black out.

The problem is that the AGPS server information is dorking with the GPS information/settings and then the phone says pooo. No soup for you.

When changing the AGPS settings this has brought it back after a soft reboot. I suggest you stay away from the Verizon agps server as I have verified its taking a dump.

I am also posting MY OWN current agps setting from my registry from an UNLISTED and verified ( took me 2 hours to find it) AGPS server.

I am doing it like this so that the agps server host will see less of a hit on the data draw and hopefully won't dump it because were hitting it too hard.

FAIR WARNING
BACK UP YOUR OWN REGISTERY--ONCE YOU INSTALL IT YOUR OLD ONE IS NOW MINE.
FAIR WARNING

How long will this problem last..? Good question, but now that we have a workaround we proolly won't care when it's fixed, cause we break em and then we fix em with the tool which were all connected by--the Internet.

RD

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=61493&page=10

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...424387&page=61

Isn't this for the xv6800??? Why is it in the SAGA forum? Am I missing something?

Just curious!

Jon
Old 04-02-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor

what up j!!!!!!!!!
I tried it and it didnt work for me
Old 05-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Saga
Carrier: Big Red

pat_the_cat is a n00b

So what was the reason that this was in the Saga forum? Is this something that could work on the Saga? We need to have a GPS solution....outside of Big Red.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga