PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 02:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung Omnia I910
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

livnlarge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to livnlarge Send a message via Yahoo to livnlarge Send a message via Skype™ to livnlarge
Nimbuzz app better than FRINGE

I don't know about the rest of you, but i've been searching forever for a stable app to run on my omnia I910 that I can use for making SIP/VOIP (free internet) calls. I've tried many apps.. FRINGE is a good one.. but has poor audio quality making you sound muffled. Sometimes it even shutsdown. I then tried Nimbuzz and it works great. I have a googlevoice account so i have my new free phone number. I then signed up with Gizmo for my free SIP number. Forwarded my Google Voice calls to Gizmo(which is part of the Nimbuzz app). So when someone calls my GV number my Nimbuzz app rings and I talk for free. I can also make free calls by loading GV on my browser and dialing from there. Im still searching for an app around this though so i dont have to use my browser to dial my calls.

get www.nimbuzz.com here

for GV just go google for a Google Voice invite and wait... youll get your invite in the email within a week..

Enjoy your free phone calls.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Nimbuzz app better than FRINGE

+1 for Nimbuzz.I like it. I wish the notification sounds were a bit louder but otherwise it's cool.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2 I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

JustinAppi is a n00b

I'm confused . . . . how do I use nimbuzz to make mobile telephone calls without using my minutes ??? In addition to being confused, I'm lost . . . . Anyone ?? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

livnlarge is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to livnlarge Send a message via Yahoo to livnlarge Send a message via Skype™ to livnlarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAppi View Post
I'm confused . . . . how do I use nimbuzz to make mobile telephone calls without using my minutes ??? In addition to being confused, I'm lost . . . . Anyone ?? Thanks.
Justin, it makes calls through the internet.. aka via your data plan on your phone. same thing as Vonage.. its called VOIP (voice over internet protocol) which is basically derived from SIP (Session Initiation protocol).

People use these services to communicate overseas to other countries for cheap or from some apps for free.

They use these services usually with a wifi connection on their laptops or on their phones if their phones are set up with wifi.

If not then they use these apps if they have unlimited data (5 gb) plans.

Try searching on Gizmo on Youtube for videos that show you how to set up such an app.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

livnlarge is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
+1 for Nimbuzz.I like it. I wish the notification sounds were a bit louder but otherwise it's cool.
hey have you gotten the dialer to work so you can call out to landlines and cell phones?? I use my nimbuzz with my gizmo sip... so i should be able to make these calls.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Smart

graceyr is a n00b

I'm having trouble with Nimbuzz. It won't register my Onesuite voip service. Emailed Nimbuzz but got no reply.

With Fring, it all works well.

There seems to be a problem registering my Onesuite username. I tried it with @ sign and it says wrong format. Without @ and it says wrong username. Again with Fring and other softphones it works perfectly.

Any ideas?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia