PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro II (w/ lastest Mighty Rom)
Carrier: Verizon

dslayton is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Fond Farewell

In the next few days, I will become a owner of a Verizon Touch Pro 2. I will leave my omnia behind for what I believe to be greener pastures. Although I am eager to receive my new device, I have to honestly say the I will miss my Omnia dearly.

This journey would not have been what it was,if it were not for the help of some seriously talented people. Please forgive me if I forget anyone, Adrynalyne, lioryte, yardi4life, blazingwolf, Mr. capcom, wozzer, and bgill55. These cooks kept me up many a night, flashing and enjoying all of their hard work. A deep thank you to everyone.

I plan to still troll the omnia boards every now and then to see who figures out how to cook the newest version of windows mobile onto the Omnia. Plus my wife will take over possession of my dear Omnia, so I will have to stay informed on the latest and greatest Omnia news.

Forgive me if this post has a typo or two. I figured for old times sake I would post using
my Omnia.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: A Fond Farewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslayton View Post
In the next few days, I will become a owner of a Verizon Touch Pro 2. I will leave my omnia behind for what I believe to be greener pastures. Although I am eager to receive my new device, I have to honestly say the I will miss my Omnia dearly.

This journey would not have been what it was,if it were not for the help of some seriously talented people. Please forgive me if I forget anyone, Adrynalyne, lioryte, yardi4life, blazingwolf, Mr. capcom, wozzer, and bgill55. These cooks kept me up many a night, flashing and enjoying all of their hard work. A deep thank you to everyone.

I plan to still troll the omnia boards every now and then to see who figures out how to cook the newest version of windows mobile onto the Omnia. Plus my wife will take over possession of my dear Omnia, so I will have to stay informed on the latest and greatest Omnia news.

Forgive me if this post has a typo or two. I figured for old times sake I would post using
my Omnia.

Bye. Sorry to see you go but I can't say that I haven't been tempted myself. I'm trying to hold out for the Omnia 2.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

+1, I've been tempted with the keyboard, but the Omnia 2 looks awesome. Plus the TP2 has a 3.2MP camera Omnia 2...8MP!

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
+1, I've been tempted with the keyboard, but the Omnia 2 looks awesome. Plus the TP2 has a 3.2MP camera Omnia 2...8MP!
no, omnia 2 still has 5mp the Omnia HD has 8mp...iirc.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

Yup, Omnia 2 only has 5MP. Not saying that like it's a bad thing though, we all know it's quality, not quantity, that counts, and if Samsung just put a better 5MP sensor in the Omnia 2, it's worth it.
I've been wowed by the TP2's fantastic looking keyboard but I'm good with my touch keyboard for now. My next phone will probably have a keyboard, but I'm not going to ramble on here Good luck with the TP2, it looks like a killer device.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Your right, it's still a 5MP camera. I'm holding out for the Omnia 2. AMOLED screen, plus the processor is faster, 800MHz compared to the TP2 @ 528MHz.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

bedojo is a n00b

farwell, im holding out for omnia 2
but the tp2 is nice :P
Old 09-20-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro II (w/ lastest Mighty Rom)
Threadstarter

dslayton is just getting started

Well guys after three days with the Touch Pro 2 I figured that I'd offer my take on it. First of all, the screen is very beautiful. It's the first thing that I noticed once I unboxed the phone. Everything viewed on the screen looks beautiful, and vibrant....everything except for the pictures that you take with the camera. The TP2's camera sucks compared to the i910's. There is no way around it. If you are looking for an upgrade to the Omnia and you need a good camera, look elsewhere. No need to read and further.

Still there? Good. Because if you dismissed the TP2 because of it's lackluster camera, then you'd be missing out on one of the best windows mobile phone in a long time. The best feature of the phone for me is the keyboard, hands down. This thing rocks. (I am effortlessly typing this post from it.) The keys are spacious, they travel well, and offer a nice click feedback once depressed.

Next is the extra polish that HTC put on windows mobile. Everything is just easier with this phone. There was no need to install many of my favorite tweaking apps because HTC took care of the problems before the user had a chance to complain about them. Everything from replying to an email, to scheduling a appointment feels more polished. Windows mobiles is actually a joy to use on this phone. (Did I just say that?) Kudos HTC.

Overall, it's the best windows mobile phone I have ever owned. The RAM memory (once I disabled the push internet) is good, right about 90mb's free. A far step up from the TP1. The speakphone is great.

More to come soon....
Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
VIP Member

I'm glad you like it!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I too have picked up a TP2, although mine through Sprint. I've had 2 accounts, my main FS account through Sprint and a FS acct through VZW which is what I've had my Omnia through. I upgraded the Sprint acct and got the TP2. As noted above the only thing I miss is the camera. It's not horrible on the TP2 (although no flash...) but compared to the Omnia, even my digital camera was horrible... It's still locked and as such no cooked ROM's yet, but even stock the phone is incredible. I am still playing with the Omnia but due to forces beyond my control, will eventually be canceling the subscription to VZW and along with that my Omnia. I still poke my head in and just recently dl'd BW's latest ROM. I will offer him huge amounts of thanks along with all of the other chefs here, Adryn, Bgill, Yardi, Lioryte, Mr. Capcom, and I'm sure I'm missing some. I also thank all of my fellow Omnia owners for their assistance and helping a noob find his way here!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia