PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Telus

grondinm is keeping up the good workgrondinm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rom Dump/Creating Custom Rom

Hello everyone. i will be attempting to dump the rom from my telus i910 tonight using the rapi tools provided over at XDA forums. and the steps found in this post....i will be doing this will lots of coution as i don't want to brick my phone. The steps talk about i900 i'm assuming this would still work with the i910. any reaso why it should not. any chance of just the dump bricking my phone? i would love to see/make custom roms for us telus users.

also found another thread that i will be reading specifically about the i910.

Edit:
wow been doing some reading now(instead of working lol) and i'm a little confused. 2 parts ro the roms on these phones. if i just want the PDA part cause the telus omnia already has gps unlocked how do i know wich part is the PDA part?(lots more reading to do tonight i see...now back to work)

Like my work or have i helped you in anyway? Why not Buy me a drink.

Feel like getting bitten and help me out click here

http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/35944.JPG

"We did nothing to stop the murdering of people just like us" -Rise Against

Last edited by grondinm; 05-12-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Rom Dump/Creating Custom Rom

You can't really make a custom rom with a dump.

However, Ive been told that Telus users have issues just with the battery driver using the Verizon cooked roms.

So if you can get me the rom dump, I'll see if I can pull the battery driver out of it and insert it into my rom.

If you feel like tasking some risks in flashing it, of course.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sure thing...will see if i have time and can get a good dump tonight...might take a few tries as i have not ever done it...but i'm sure i will manage...
Old 05-12-2009, 10:29 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

No rush/ I dont even know how to extract the files from a dump. So if you run across that tidbit of info, let me know.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok i will be looking into that as well....i think linux maybe can be used for sure to access the files....but i will try a few things...might send you a zip with the extracted stuff instead of a raw img.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:31 AM
The Pusher

Sounds good
Old 05-12-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

here is something i just thought of...when i do a dump does it also dump ESN and stuff like that?...i would not think it does just my mind at work lol
Old 05-12-2009, 02:53 PM
The Pusher

I don't think so.

Maybe?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

so i got a dump. but i was not able to extract any of the files within it...plus it is broken up into 3 files(because of the only tutorial i found that worked) and i'm not even sure how i would go about flashing this on my phone. it ended up 2 files of about 2mb and 1 144mb file. i know the bulk of the info is in the last file but could not find anything explaining what was in the other 2. i will keep playing this week(probably more weekend) and see what i can come up with. i can get the image to mount in linux but it sees nothing in it. i have a feeling that either the file is encrypted or that it uses a FS not recognizable to anything but a smartphone/pda. gotta be someway the info is all theire.....
Old 05-13-2009, 10:03 AM
The Pusher

What file format are they?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia