PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bentleysmom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bentleysmom
Not syncing all of a sudden

Hi guys....

I'm running Lioryte's 28232 with tellme. I've been running it for a month or so without issue. Now all of a sudden I can't sync with WMDC (Vista).

The first problem is that it doesn't always connect. Then when it does, it just stays "syncing" forever, and never looks like it finishes. The strange thing is, that if I look at my contacts, they've actually synced. But my calendar won't.

Any ideas? I've been like this for 2 weeks now and it's getting really frustrated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Re: Not syncing all of a sudden

start > settings > connections > usb to pc > enable advanced network functionality
If checked, uncheck it and try again. That always fixes my usb syncing problems.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks, that's actually all I could find when I searched, but unfortunatley I don't have that option. That setting isn't in this rom Under connections, I go to USB connections, and the only option there is ActiveSync or Mass Storage. Not the option you mentioned.

Any other ideas?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

That's the USB connection mode, so you're saying that under Connections there is no "USB to PC"? Strange, dunno why that would be taken out. That's all I've got, unless you have Bluetooth functionality on your PC and want to try that.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nope not that I can find, I looked everywhere. I do have bluetooth, but it seems to be more of the same. Of course now the battery's dead too. I'll try with bluetooth again tomorrow.

Oh I should probably mention that it syncs fine with my work PC running Activesync and XP.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Same here; if I have the USB to PC box checked, won't sync with my Windows 7 laptop, but does with the XP laptop. Using Bluetooth on the former works fine either way so I would give that a shot. A bit tricky to get set up since Bluetooth is temperamental in my experience but it will connect.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910 Verizon

RGressick is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to RGressick Send a message via MSN to RGressick

What about syncing issues with Bluetooth?
I have had an issue where i can't Sync anymore with Bluetooth. It use to be fine, but not the phone says i need to do a Partnership and i can't seem to make that work. Yes, the phone is Paired with the Laptop, and it use to work fine before, but now its just being weird.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bluetooth isn't working as well. It looks like it is, and every so often I'll see some progress on the WMDC and I'll check the active sync on the phone. On the phone it show that it's speeding through my calendar appts, over and over again. Then it goes back to 0. No updates are on the phone though, so it's not taking. It then just continues to sync (going on a couple hours now) but it's not doing anything, never finishes.

So neither USB or Bluetooth will work to sync. Anyone else have another idea? Thanks!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

When you view the Bluetooth partnership properties for your phone in the PC, the Active Sync box should be checked.

On the phone, the Bluetooth partnership for the PC should also have ActiveSync checked.

I can't explain why your phone won't finish syncing. Guessing it's a problem with your specific configuration having some program installed that's interfering. Whenever these types of problems crop up, best thing is to do a hard reset rather than spend more time trying to figure out why it won't work. Either that or try setting up with another PC (preferably running Win XP).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia