PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
abbreviations

ive posted this in other threads before.. no answer...... me and my fellow noobs would like some sort of key or legend to know what the abbreviations are for with the cooked roms. what do the following things editions mean:

MD2
legacy
vanilla
base

and any others abbreviations

thanks!!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Re: abbreviations

They could all refer to different things depending on the chef. M2D means Manila 2D, a slimmed down version of the Touch Flo 3D interface found on some HTC phones that is then built into custom ROMs like the ones for the omnia. As for the legacy, vanilla, base, etc, they could all differ as I said. I know for at least the ROM I use, there is an original version that is the ROM with the stock themes, modified with custom themes and a legacy which I've never used and don't know what it is exactly (apparently it's unmodified themes also. IDK as I use just the modified). Perhaps the chefs will be able to fill in the blanks if they read this thread.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

i wish. im currently running the same rom u r from yardi4life except im running the legacy version. i wanted screen shots or descriptions of the others so i wouldnt have to flash them just to see
Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

As for Legacy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetguy08 View Post
Yardi created the Legacy releases because the newer kitchen wouldn't allow some of us to restore our mail database from Backup after a flash.
So it looks like a fairly obscure version that you shouldn't need to bother with. Then there's original, which is just stock themes, and modified, with custom images and themes. There are screenshots of the modified ROMs in the first post of the Yardi4life ROM thread.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia