PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mzimmer74 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with GPS problems

Hey all,
I've been using Ad's Vanilla 2.0 for a while now and really like it. However, I am unable to ever get a GPS lock. I know that when I first updated to CF03 I had a GPS lock pretty quickly. What I can't remember is whether or not I ever got one with this ROM. I'm curious if anybody using his ROM is able to get a GPS lock or not. I've tried the various methods recommended to get a faster GPS lock, but nothing has worked.

If the problem is with the ROM, I'm thinking about updating to Lioryte's Base ROM. Does anybody have any recommendations for a solid ROM from that line in which the GPS works? The thing I like the most about AD's Van2.0 is how it's been completely stable for me with only the GPS causing trouble.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: i910 WM6.5
Carrier: VZ

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lioryte Send a message via Skype™ to lioryte
Re: Help with GPS problems

Once you update to CF03 the GPS is unlocked. All of the ROMs use .bin files meaning that the GPS is untouched so theoretically GPS should work the same with all CF03 Based ROMs and this has been the case so far.

As for your issue, try the following
Make sure that your GPS is enabled.
Once enabled go outside/ drive the car. A first lock can take a while- anytime between 1 min to 30 min won't be surprising. Afterwards the device should get a lock within 5 min (usually less than a minute).

Try it out, I would make sure my GPS is on and than go outside with a drink
Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks...I'll have to try again. Maybe I didn't wait long enough. I should be able to do it with Google Maps right? I don't have any other apps that will attempt to get a GPS lock (I don't think). If for some reason I'm unable to get it working I'm still thinking about switching over to your base...what do you think of the 28205 build? Is it stable or are there still kinks to be worked out?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: i910 WM6.5
Carrier: VZ

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lioryte Send a message via Skype™ to lioryte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimmer74 View Post
Thanks...I'll have to try again. Maybe I didn't wait long enough. I should be able to do it with Google Maps right? I don't have any other apps that will attempt to get a GPS lock (I don't think). If for some reason I'm unable to get it working I'm still thinking about switching over to your base...what do you think of the 28205 build? Is it stable or are there still kinks to be worked out?

All last builds have been stable, and since I make base ROM it's as stable as they come. Some minor kinks like soft OK button ain't working on the settings>personal>phone so you'll have to map OK to a hard button, but that's it. WM 6.5.3 is different than WM 6.5 OK button is at the bottom and the entire UI is more finger friendly. Try it out I think you'll like it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, it turns out I did just need to be patient. Kept trying to get a GPS lock for 30 minutes today and was finally successful. After that it only took a minute for a lock. Thanks again for the help. I might still try out your base, but at least now I know how to get the GPS working again if I do.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia