PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: T Mobile

ZuinigeRijder is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Happy New Year with a *NEW* TouchLockPro version 2.10 supporting Samsung SDK

Happy New Year

I made a new version of TouchLockPro, which supports now also a large number of Samsung phones having a Light Sensor and GSensor:
  • SGH-i900 Omnia
  • SCH-i910 Omnia
  • GT-I8000 Omnia 2
  • SCH-m490/m495 T*Omnia
  • Omnia Pro
  • GT-B7620 Armani
  • GT-I8000 Omnia II
  • SCH-i920 Omnia II

Note that I do not own a Samsung, so I could not test myself. I only tested that the non-Samsung users are not affected by the (small) changes and reviewed my own changes as good as possible. I hope that Samsung users can confirm it is working

Samsung made it difficult for developers, having different SDK redistributables for different phones and Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5. TouchLockPro supports both Samsung SDK redistributables. See Downloads for the Samsung SDK redistirbutables. Of course those need only be installed by people having an appropriate Samsung PhoneType.

People interesting in the Samsung API Specs and details of phones supported, see these documents under version control:
API-spec.2.1.0.pdf
API-spec1.2.1.pdf
Programming Guide.2.1.0.pdf

I have updated the TouchLockPro source code as such, that it is not needed to install the Samsung Windows Mobile SDK, if you want to compile TouchLockPro yourself.

Now hope this version is really working for Samsung users
Old 01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

buckyswider is a n00b
Re: Happy New Year with a *NEW* TouchLockPro version 2.10 supporting Samsung SDK

Thanks ZR. I hadn't heard of your invention until now. I've had several pocket answers since getting the O2 last week....hopefully this is the fix!! I'll do some reading up on TLP and try to get it installed later tonight and let you know how I make out....
Old 01-02-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

buckyswider is a n00b
Re: Happy New Year with a *NEW* TouchLockPro version 2.10 supporting Samsung SDK

OK, I've got it installed. It's a little overwhelming for me at this point. Not sure what it's supposed to do. I did notice that I needed to hit up/down volume in order to access the touchscreen after the screen shut down (is that called standby?). Not sure how to test the G sensor or light sensor. If the device is always in light, should it still lock??? Does it have to go from dark to light in order to unlock automagically (without the volume keys)?

My goal is to prevent pocket dials and answers. It seems like this will do it, I just gotta figure out how to use it....
Old 01-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckyswider View Post
OK, I've got it installed. It's a little overwhelming for me at this point. Not sure what it's supposed to do. I did notice that I needed to hit up/down volume in order to access the touchscreen after the screen shut down (is that called standby?). Not sure how to test the G sensor or light sensor. If the device is always in light, should it still lock??? Does it have to go from dark to light in order to unlock automagically (without the volume keys)?

My goal is to prevent pocket dials and answers. It seems like this will do it, I just gotta figure out how to use it....
When you have installed the correct Samsung SDK, it should unlock automatically by the Light Sensor or via the correct GSensor moves.
Note that you can check if the Light Sensor and GSensor are recognized, by going into the TouchLockAction program -> Settings -> Light Sensor or GSensor. The current readouts are shown in the right-upper location.

Here is a YouTube video showing the possibilities:

Youtube video

The Video shows the features of TouchLockPro. It is a bit long (9 minutes) but should give you the importand info how to use it, including Light Sensor and GSensor.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

buckyswider is a n00b

Great, thanks again ZR. Took a while to penetrate my thick skull, but it's all starting to make sense now.

"Use Light Sensor" is checked but not working at all. the value stays at zero in any lighting condition. I wonder if it could be a hardware problem with my device? I wonder how I could test the light sensor outside of TLP....

The G sensor is working. "Face Up" and "Face Down" are backwards, however. Not sure about landscape/reverse landscape. When I turn the unit clockwise, it's landscape; counterclockwise, reverse landscape.

Also the "in call" features seemed to be a bit funky. Could only briefly get the screen to light back up with lots of conniptions. Now that I think more about it, that could be because of the reversed face up/face down.

Thanks again...
Old 01-04-2010, 04:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Great, thanks again ZR. Took a while to penetrate my thick skull, but it's all starting to make sense now.

"Use Light Sensor" is checked but not working at all. the value stays at zero in any lighting condition. I wonder if it could be a hardware problem with my device? I wonder how I could test the light sensor outside of TLP....

The G sensor is working. "Face Up" and "Face Down" are backwards, however. Not sure about landscape/reverse landscape. When I turn the unit clockwise, it's landscape; counterclockwise, reverse landscape.

Also the "in call" features seemed to be a bit funky. Could only briefly get the screen to light back up with lots of conniptions. Now that I think more about it, that could be because of the reversed face up/face down.

Thanks again...
There was a bug with the light sensor, this has been solved with help of others, you can download and install version 2.10.1 on www.zuinigerijder.com.

I will ask if others experience the same with the G sensor orientation being wrong. I will also check the API doc, because it they are reversed, it would mean the X, Y, Z specification is different than the HTC spec.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

buckyswider is a n00b

Awesome, thankg again ZR. I installed the new CAB and the light sensor is working!

After checking it all out, I locked the phone and put it in my pocket and bent over to clean up something....I then heard "Say a command" from voice recognition. So I have to tweak some setting somewhere. Standard blue jeans with no light leakage in the pocket as per the "flashlight test". . So I set the vib on unlock so I can tell when/if it happens next time to properly tweak. Will the debug log capture unlock events and their reasons??
Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Awesome, thankg again ZR. I installed the new CAB and the light sensor is working!

After checking it all out, I locked the phone and put it in my pocket and bent over to clean up something....I then heard "Say a command" from voice recognition. So I have to tweak some setting somewhere. Standard blue jeans with no light leakage in the pocket as per the "flashlight test". . So I set the vib on unlock so I can tell when/if it happens next time to properly tweak. Will the debug log capture unlock events and their reasons??
Yes, the debug log will indeed show why it unlocks.

The documentation says this about the light sensor value:

Illuminance Environment
1 lux Outdoors at night
10 lux Under a streetlight
50 lux A family living room
100 lux Outdoors on an overcast day
350-500 lux Office
1,000 lux TV studio lighting
10,000 lux Open air (daytime)
30,000 – 100,000 lux Direct sunlight

So maybe you should confure the minimum light value as 9?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

buckyswider is a n00b

Thanks again. I turned debug on and scoured the log. At the time of a pocket unlock, I saw on "GetLight" with a value of "5", followed by a "CreateLockWindow" sequence. After that, I see 8 consecutive "GetLight" calls with a value of "1". Some I'm guessing that your code checks 8 times to make sure there's not a false reading?? So I set my light unlock value to 3....hopefully that will do the trick!!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks again. I turned debug on and scoured the log. At the time of a pocket unlock, I saw on "GetLight" with a value of "5", followed by a "CreateLockWindow" sequence. After that, I see 8 consecutive "GetLight" calls with a value of "1". Some I'm guessing that your code checks 8 times to make sure there's not a false reading?? So I set my light unlock value to 3....hopefully that will do the trick!!
TouchLockPro checks once per second the light sensor value, when locked. If it senses light more than the configured mininum light sensor value for the configured unlock light sensor time (default 1500 ms). So I would not expect 8 time GetLight very fast after each other. If this is the case, I would like to see your log file, maybe there is something wrong in my code? Can you post your log file?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II

Tags
touchlockpro samsung