PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
moment battery

Gf complaing she lost 10% of battery in an hour sooo any hints on saving battery life?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: moment battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Gf complaing she lost 10% of battery in an hour sooo any hints on saving battery life?
Has she downloaded an app killer? For some reason, some applications will start up on it's own, kinda frustrating actually. But I downloaded an app killer from the market place for free.

I have advanced task killer but there are others out there. Simple and easy to use. Give that a shot and make sure there aren't processes running unnecessarily in the background.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Batteries take a few uses until it starts to charge and discharge to full capacity. Probably 2-3 weeks..
Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

pwabbit is a n00b

When I first got the phone and loaded some apps, my battery went dead fast (2 hours). The Moment got real hot. What I found was I had a lot of apps running in the background and had WIFI on with no connection. After I installed Taskiller to shut the background programs down, my battery lasts all day with a lot of use.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

phenix1 is a n00b

I installed the app killer and use it and my battery still only lasted 4 hrs. I let the phone completly die when I first got it then I fully charged it that night. Now after about 3 hrs its prolly at 20%. Hopefully clockcycle is right
Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenix1 View Post
I installed the app killer and use it and my battery still only lasted 4 hrs. I let the phone completly die when I first got it then I fully charged it that night. Now after about 3 hrs its prolly at 20%. Hopefully clockcycle is right
Strange, I've seen exceptional battery life on my moment. But then again, I could be biased coming from the terribly crappy battery life of the TP...

I can actually make it through the whole day without having to charge my phone and I don't wory about about limiting my texting, emailing and surfing and being afraid my battery will die.

Hopefully you will see some improvement after the battery is conditioned.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Android

mulletman is a n00b

Does anyone know the necessary applications/processes? I have task killer-but don't want to stop anything I shouldn't.

Battery is an issue, as well as RAM. After I start up and let it sit-it has about 30 mb of free RAM
Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletman
Does anyone know the necessary applications/processes? I have task killer-but don't want to stop anything I shouldn't.

Battery is an issue, as well as RAM. After I start up and let it sit-it has about 30 mb of free RAM
Id ignore anything you weren't familiar with. Maybe try a less invasive task manager that jus shows running applications?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dmora01 is just getting started

DON'T USE TASK KILLERS!!!!!!! LET ANDROID TO DO THE WORK!!!!! Is not a windows mobile!
I have better life than my old diamond and htc hero! way better.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Android

mulletman is a n00b

How is the RAM on your phones?
My moment will start up-running with about 80 free mb's
If I let it sit and check back later-runs between 30-40 free mb's.

Is that typical?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment