PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

andersonj55126 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: moment battery

Try using Battery Graph (Freeware) to log battery performance.

People are seeing weather apps using gps which drain battery. People are getting ride of weather channel app or changing to work with zip code rather than gps.

Charge and discharge battery fully at least 2 times before getting to worked up. Seems to take a few battery cycles to calibrate battery percentage software.

Last edited by andersonj55126; 11-09-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonj55126 View Post
Try using Battery Graph (Freeware) to log battery performance.

People are seeing weather apps using gps which drain battery. People are getting ride of weather channel app or changing to work with zip code rather than gps.

Charge and discharge battery fully at least 2 times before getting to worked up. Seems to take a few battery cycles to calibrate.
its a lithium ion battery no memory effect meaning you dont need to calibrate the battery... its already at peak performance the more you use the battery the less charge it has. Best to keep it fully charged as much as u can. Keep it on charger when at home. More you use it the more damaged the parts inside get and the ability to hold power goes down. Your best off with a second battery. This way you can maximuize the performance of both batteries and your phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Lurker

andersonj55126 is a n00b

It is not that the battery itself needs calibration, it is the phone that calibrates to the battery so this it will accurately display the battery capacity. Each battery has slightly different charge and discharge curves.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

juandg is a n00b

I found that when the phone reaches less than 15% it start in some kind of "battery save" mode and it takes A LOT of effort to run him down.

I was doing testing and it took me 2 hours of VERY HEAVY use (WIFI, Email, Text, Video, Browsing, Music, GPS, etc) to finally dry the entire battery
Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

They were talking about this on another forum I'm not a member in. A battery has to be "learned"
So, when you get your phone new. And you plug it in for 20 minutes, and then take it off the charger to play with it.
Whereever the phone gets too, it thinks thats 100% for the time being. And will quickly jump to whatever the accurate reading is.

Thats why in the books, if you do read them, they say to charge the device for X hours before turning it on.
Thus starting with a full battery.
and if you want an accurate reading after that you should discharge it all the way.

its how batteries before LIon were trained hardware wise, now we have to train the software.
NIcad batteries have a "memory" of usage, so if you dont fully discharge them, they eventually stop working after a period.

i'm sure we all remember this?

Touch pro will almost immediatly go down to 90% after having it for a year.
So, dont freak out cause the battery indicatator is just reading an unlearned responce yet.

Battery indicators are NOT accurate. Ever, on any phone.
Period. =)

If your using your phone on 5% battery for 3 hours, i'm pretty sure its not at 5%.
Get my drift?

And damit, this thing needs to be here before now.
cause I dont wanna wait till friday to see if i like it or not.
Tethering is going to be a big issue for me.

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 11-10-2009, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
They were talking about this on another forum I'm not a member in. A battery has to be "learned"
So, when you get your phone new. And you plug it in for 20 minutes, and then take it off the charger to play with it.
Whereever the phone gets too, it thinks thats 100% for the time being. And will quickly jump to whatever the accurate reading is.

Thats why in the books, if you do read them, they say to charge the device for X hours before turning it on.
Thus starting with a full battery.
and if you want an accurate reading after that you should discharge it all the way.

its how batteries before LIon were trained hardware wise, now we have to train the software.
NIcad batteries have a "memory" of usage, so if you dont fully discharge them, they eventually stop working after a period.

i'm sure we all remember this?

Touch pro will almost immediatly go down to 90% after having it for a year.
So, dont freak out cause the battery indicatator is just reading an unlearned responce yet.

Battery indicators are NOT accurate. Ever, on any phone.
Period. =)

If your using your phone on 5% battery for 3 hours, i'm pretty sure its not at 5%.
Get my drift?

And damit, this thing needs to be here before now.
cause I dont wanna wait till friday to see if i like it or not.
Tethering is going to be a big issue for me.

ummm yeah all false... thier is no evidence EVER that suggests any of that. Lithium ion batteries have 0 memory effect. and your guage is only a n approximate on how much batter you have left. None will ever be perfect. I wish it told you an estimated how long a battery wil llast based on current use and past history but I have never seen any indicators that will do that to bad to
Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

petrafan007 is becoming a great contributor

it has already been established at androidcentral there is a problem with the battery INDICATOR. It goes to 70% almost immediately after being taken off the charger...and 15% within a few hours and then once it hits 5%, it will stay there for a couple more hours (even w/ heavy usage) and then finally die.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/index.htm
Old 11-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Lurker

andersonj55126 is a n00b

http://androidforums.com/samsung-mom...y-quirk-8.html

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment