PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 09:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Gcav is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Navigation

So i see everyone on differnet forums praising this, so i gave it a try on a trip last week. Besides my actual gps acting up and constently loosing signal and searching, i got no voice with the actual google navigation. Which can be a bummer to have to look at the device all the time. I did a search and found a suggestion to install SpeechSynthesis Data Installer, but that didnt seem to fix it. any ideas? I am using joeykrim 2.1 v7
Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b
Re: Google Navigation

Not to make fun of you or anything, but did you make sure you turned up the volume once in the navigation....I know about the 3rd time I used it, I forgot to do that. Just a suggestion.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Gcav is a n00b

lol yes volume is up

sprint nav talks to me just not google
Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Gcav is a n00b

i have noticed that the speech synthesis data seems to be messed up. i try to open it from the menu and i get a forced erro

(process com.svox.langpack.installer) has stopped unexpectedly please try again

i have uninstalled and reinstalled this several times
Old 06-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcav View Post
So i see everyone on differnet forums praising this, so i gave it a try on a trip last week. Besides my actual gps acting up and constently loosing signal and searching, i got no voice with the actual google navigation. Which can be a bummer to have to look at the device all the time. I did a search and found a suggestion to install SpeechSynthesis Data Installer, but that didnt seem to fix it. any ideas? I am using joeykrim 2.1 v7
I use google nav often and I couldn't be more pleased. It's spot on and I get turn by turn, which is accurate. I see you are using Joeykrim's kernel, which probably means you are rooted, which also means you probably used his tool to remove some of the bloatware? I'm assuming a lot there so I may be completely wrong. But if you did remove some stuff, you may have removed something that could have adversely effected google nav.

Could be possible you have some faulty hardware as well
Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Gcav is a n00b

ya thats what im worried about, so i plan to flash and reinstall the official 2.1 and leave it like that and check it out. are you just using the official blazin?> or is yours rooted?? ill try just the official first and if all goes well i might root it without removing anything and just keep testing in steps
Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcav View Post
ya thats what im worried about, so i plan to flash and reinstall the official 2.1 and leave it like that and check it out. are you just using the official blazin?> or is yours rooted?? ill try just the official first and if all goes well i might root it without removing anything and just keep testing in steps
I have been running stock 2.1 but just rooted to Joey's v7 root yesterday. I haven't had a chance to run Nav so I'm not 100% I'm not seeing the same problem now. My guess is, you probably removed something that you needed if you used his tool. So if you flash back to official 2.1 and you still see the problem, it may be the hardware cause it should work without any problems.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Gcav is a n00b

well i flashed and reinstalled 2.1 and got the voice to work for my google navigation but i still am getting really weak gps signals. i can see 6 -8 most of the time sometime 2-4 sats but the signal strength is never above 25% i dont know what to try next if i take this back it will be my 4th moment 3 times because of the gps the other because it stopped taking a charge
Old 06-04-2010, 09:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Gcav is a n00b

well went to sprint spent an hour and half with a tech and result was its a known issue that samsung has to fix is what i was told and they offered me the hero or palm as a swap. I asked for evo and they laughed owell guess ill keep my moment with a flakey gps
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

is your phone located where it is getting a good satellite signal? you don't have it resting in your lap or on your passenger seat do you. i use it from time to time and have taken my sprint navigation off because of me never using it. google nav works pretty well for me most of the time i need to get myself a mount so it will be under the windshield to keep a constant signal with the satellite though.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment