PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Lurker

ThiagoJ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to ThiagoJ
Current PPC 6700 User Considering the I830 - Need Input

I travel to Brasil a lot and my PPC 6700 will have to be replaced once again, so I might consider the Ip830 ... what are the main differences besides no camera and no wi fi?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

anovice is a n00b
I have a PPC-6700 and recently purchased a IP-830W and I haven't really come to any conclusions about which I like better. It's not really an upgrade but just something different. Some place I read that the 830w was faster than the 6700 but I haven't really seen any differences- but I certainly don't push my phone to the limits that some users do. I feel like the keyboard on the 830 is cheap but I LOVE the blue color of the shell. It's certainly more stylish than the 6700 but I don't think it has any performance advantages. Also, as you mentioned, the 830 lacks wifi and a camera. I've had a ppc phone for like 4 years and I haven't ever really used either of those features and I don't miss them. I'll probably keep the 830 only because I needed to get a new phone(whole contract was renewed because some other lines needed new phones and I don't want to be off sync on the contract length) and there really aren't any better phones out there. If the 6800 or the 890(I think those are the numbers) come out soon I may switch to one of them... although they don't seem to be great leaps and bounds greater than the 6700 either. If you have any other direct questions I'll be happy to answer them.

As for the international capabilities... although I go abroad I'm not sure how or if I'd use this phone. I've had good luck getting cheap pay as you go cell phones while in other countries but I may try using this when I go to abroad in the fall.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

kinextions is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to kinextions
If you had to pick a phone to replace the 6700, which would be the second best phone to pick? Treo 700wx? Q?...etc?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

goldeneyej is a n00b
Been a previous user of the 6700 and IP-830W, i got ready of both of them and the cheap sprint service, even sprint is cheaper on the rates than any other carrier, but somethimes cheap gives u lots of problems, my suggestion is get Cingular service and get the Cingular 8525 if u guys want peace of mind like i do, no more problems since.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I've had two 6700's and two IP830W's phones...........just got a 700wx this past month and it has been flawless, much easier for one-handed use.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneyej
Been a previous user of the 6700 and IP-830W, i got ready of both of them and the cheap sprint service, even sprint is cheaper on the rates than any other carrier, but somethimes cheap gives u lots of problems, my suggestion is get Cingular service and get the Cingular 8525 if u guys want peace of mind like i do, no more problems since.
I would go to Cingular but one thing is holding me back, if you break your 8525 what happens, your gonna have to dish out the full price for it, or try to get the best price you can get on ebay, were as us we have an option for insurance and we just get it replaced.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor
I'm a ip830w user and can't complain. I've heard several people complain about the 6700 freezing and needed to be reset frequently. The 6700 does have wifi and a camera, everything else is probally the same. The ip830w has a faster CPU and I believe more internal memory.

But the real thing that made me get the ip830w, is everyone and their momma has the 6700. Plus it looks much better IMO
Old 05-25-2007, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Fastest processor and looks were the reasons I bought it.............but then got tired of the "phone fatal" error messages.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W