PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Portland,OR: Intrepid For Sale

I posted this in the bargain thread but i figured id let anyone near the Portland,OR area know im letting go of a gently used intrepid w/ gel skin and zagg screen protector...
Old 01-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: Portland,OR: Intrepid For Sale

This thread will probably be moved/deleted by the mods but do tell what you're replacing it with!

Edit: Not trying to make this turn into one of those angry threads, I'm actually curious. My relationship with this phone is sort of love/hate depending on what I'm trying to do.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
This thread will probably be moved/deleted by the mods but do tell what you're replacing it with!

Edit: Not trying to make this turn into one of those angry threads, I'm actually curious. My relationship with this phone is sort of love/hate depending on what I'm trying to do.
Ya lol I figured it would be deleted. Well I made the switch to the TP 2, here's why Haus. Let me start by saying I love/ed the Intrepid it is just too buggy, unpredictable and too many third part software glitches. I HATE that WMP will not function efficiently (i know i can use 3rd party soft but i dont want to dang-it!). Bluetooth functions are terrible (i know you made a good script haus but i dont feel i should have to run mortscript for my hardware to work porperly...). I type too fast for the keyboard to catch up on screen (constant lagging in txt). For whatever reason, a week or two after i would hard reset the Intrepid it would just start to run sloooow until i hard reset again (deleting txt helped but thats ridiculous that i have to monitor my txt count on a $450 phone). It sounds stupid but i have my phone on silent a lot and i rely on my status light, the Intrepid obvious has issues with the status light. I love how light the actual phone is and its battery life, wish it had more ability to customize with ROMs but thats not a deal breaker for me. I would honestly buy an intrepid again in 6 months or so if samsung or sprint released a ROM update, buuut i just dont see that happening, Hell if i could just sit on the phone as a backup i would but im a student so cash isnt exactly at a premium lol. And Im NEVER leaving WINMO!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I understand completely. I look at the TP2 a lot and think how much fun it would be to have a huge screen, more recent builds of WM, and the massive user dev community around the HTC devices. But then I think about how much I use the d-pad and realize that the TP2 isn't the answer for me. I can't live with a device that requires two hands to do pretty much anything.

Still very much hating the Intrepid's QVGA and status light issue. BT has been a lot more stable since I implemented my fix, which I'm continuing to tweak, but I do understand the general unwillingness to run a mortscript just to make the phone work a certain way. At least since I wrote it I can feel confident in how it works.

Enjoy the TP2!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid