PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Sdhc

Within minutes of receiving my new i760 from fed ex I find to my dismay that the phone does not support SDHC "out of the box". Disappointed I loaded the new drivers that we have found to work on the 6700, treo 700W/WX, and many other HTC devices. The drivers were found on xda-developers.com and had worked on various devices. Now i know this device is a Samsung and not an HTC device, but i figured if it works it works and if it doesn't oh well... Long story short i installed the cab file, soft reset and viola working SDHC. I have attached a zip file with the cab inside. I have been using the drivers in the phone for a week now and have not had a single issue with my cards to date. Please try and post back results. I am using a SanDisk 4GB microSDHC card.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sdhc.zip (31.6 KB, 238 views) Click for barcode!
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 10-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung sch-760

wotan is a n00b
thanks for you input, I too was disappointed by the 2 gig limit. just installed the driver, and can't wait to get my new 4 gig card and try it.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

robrecht is a n00b
My understanding is that this hack enables 4GB SD cards but not larger cards. Has anyone got a 6 GB SDHC card to work on a Samsung i760???
Old 11-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
So far i don't think anyone has found anything that allows full use of the 6GB and 8GB cards... There is a larger i760 forum at pdaphonehome maybe browse through their forums...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

rileyfreeman is keeping up the good workrileyfreeman is keeping up the good work
ive got a 6gb working on my telus p4000 or as u guys would know the mogul. just got it today i loveeeeeeeee it. i dont know if its the same zip mines was sdhc 777
Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Lurker

robrecht is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
So far i don't think anyone has found anything that allows full use of the 6GB and 8GB cards... There is a larger i760 forum at pdaphonehome maybe browse through their forums...
BTDT,BTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyfreeman View Post
ive got a 6gb working on my telus p4000 or as u guys would know the mogul. just got it today i loveeeeeeeee it. i dont know if its the same zip mines was sdhc 777
According to nemanracing over at PDAPH, the 777 hack doesn't work on the i760.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The 777 hack works on the wm6 6700 and the 6800, not on the i760...
Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
N00b

acfava is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to acfava
damn! i cant even get my i760 to recognize more than 2gb of my 6gb card!!! if i installed this file correctly, should i at least be able to gain access to 4 gb instead of just 2?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Lurker

robrecht is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by acfava View Post
damn! i cant even get my i760 to recognize more than 2gb of my 6gb card!!! if i installed this file correctly, should i at least be able to gain access to 4 gb instead of just 2?
No, the current hack allows you to use nearly 4GB of a 4GB card, but only 1.7GB of a 6GB card. Strange but true. We're all still waiting for a patch or a better hack. But luckily my wife's new Chocolate is able to use all 6GB of my card even though it is supposed to have a 4GB limit.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Lurker

mmlulin is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
No, the current hack allows you to use nearly 4GB of a 4GB card, but only 1.7GB of a 6GB card. Strange but true. We're all still waiting for a patch or a better hack. But luckily my wife's new Chocolate is able to use all 6GB of my card even though it is supposed to have a 4GB limit.
Here is a driver that suppose to support cards larger than 4 GB. You man want to try it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Driver-SDHC-for PPC.zip (69.2 KB, 107 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung i760