I followed these steps:
As with the i730, you can change these boot screens by replacing them with your own png and gif files. To change the WM6 screen, simply do the following:
1. Find picture you like.
2. Reduce the size to 240x320 pixels.
3. Convert the picture to a .png file.
4. Rename the picture welcomehead.96.png.
5. Copy the renamed picture to somewhere on your i760 where you can find.
6. Using Total Commander (a freeware replacement for File Explorer), move your picture to the Windows directory. When asked whether you want to replace the existing file with the same name .(welcomehead.96.png), say "Yes."
7.Soft reset your i760 and you should see your picture.
To replace the animated Verizon logo, follow the same steps as above with the following exceptions:
1. Create an animated .gif file rather than a .png file.
2. Name the file VerizonStartUpAni.gif.
I have two version logo's.. How do I replace both of them and the shut down screen? I'm not that interested in changing the WM 6.1 Screen...
I had no problem changing the white VerizonStartUpAni.gif, now I just wanna get rid of the shutdown logo and the blue verizon start screen.. LoL
It goes Samsung > Blue Verizon Screen > My Screen > WM 6.1 Screen : Logged On... Then it's that same White Verizon Screen when I shutdown, just not animated I don't think..
Any help would be greatly apprecitaed...