PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 08:20 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Epic- need advice

I think I am going to jump on this bandwagon. However, I am in need of a 3rd line anyways so what is the easiest way for me to do this? I do not have any upgrades, Sprint took our upgrades to replace crapt phones.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic- need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
I think I am going to jump on this bandwagon. However, I am in need of a 3rd line anyways so what is the easiest way for me to do this? I do not have any upgrades, Sprint took our upgrades to replace crapt phones.
If you make a new line you get the credit anyways..so when ordering the device just make a new line...who are you planning on buying the device through?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-13-2010, 03:45 PM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
If you make a new line you get the credit anyways..so when ordering the device just make a new line...who are you planning on buying the device through?
lol wherever I can get it fastest.

However, after reading issues about the Galaxy issues with GPS not working correcty has me concerned. Samsung still hasn't fixed it. Just like they never fixed the wifi/cdma lockups on the Moment. I can reproduce the issue on both our Moments and Sprint denies its an issue because they know it wont be fixed .
Old 08-13-2010, 03:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
lol wherever I can get it fastest.

However, after reading issues about the Galaxy issues with GPS not working correcty has me concerned. Samsung still hasn't fixed it. Just like they never fixed the wifi/cdma lockups on the Moment. I can reproduce the issue on both our Moments and Sprint denies its an issue because they know it wont be fixed .
Well Samsung said its an issue..but based on what I heard its a software issue...Ive seen this article which used multiple GPS software and some software like google maps and others took forever..but others locked in instantly on the same device...my guess is that there may be a driver compatibility issue that is preventing it to lock in certain situations.

But in the end there is always the 30 days :/
Old 08-13-2010, 04:23 PM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well Samsung said its an issue..but based on what I heard its a software issue...Ive seen this article which used multiple GPS software and some software like google maps and others took forever..but others locked in instantly on the same device...my guess is that there may be a driver compatibility issue that is preventing it to lock in certain situations.

But in the end there is always the 30 days :/
Yeah true. The Evo seems impossible to get ahold of one...So may have to settle for the Epic.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:28 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Yeah true. The Evo seems impossible to get ahold of one...So may have to settle for the Epic.

Looking back..you may be glad you didn't settle for an Evo (pun intended)

Have you tried using a Vibrant or a Captivate at a store yet?

Last edited by gTen; 08-13-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Looking back..you may be glad you didn't settle for an Evo (pun intended)

Have you tried using a Vibrant or a Captivate at a store yet?
Sitting in the DMV 2 days ago next to a guy who had a Vibrant, he was showing me all of its coolness. Later that day took my friend to AT&Terrible to cancel her service on her iPhone, and while waiting for her I played with the Captivate. I had the Evo and returned it, and glad I did because I'm very sold on the Epic. That SuperAMOLED is just so beautiful, and everything on it just feels so fluent than when I had the Evo.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

I can't wait. I preordered 2 today. I guess I will have to sell my EVO. Doubtful I won't be able to get my money out of it.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:01 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I have read dozens of articles and hundreds of forum posts over the past few weeks about the Samsung Epic. This is the first time I have seen anyone use the words "settle for the Epic".
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfoster View Post
I have read dozens of articles and hundreds of forum posts over the past few weeks about the Samsung Epic. This is the first time I have seen anyone use the words "settle for the Epic".
The EVO is totally badass. I might end up selling the Epic if it isn't as good as my EVO, minus the 16GB SD card and possibly those headphones too. Couple things that EVO has: higher res cameras, interchangeable batteries with TP2 and Snap, Sense UI and already has Froyo. Also I really like HTC, I've been a user since the PPC6700 with every CDMA WM device going forward and even some GSM versions too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series