PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 09:19 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
How are you measuring 2x performance?

EVO on Tapatalk
Simple, it uses 45nm process which makes it more efficient and 3x the gpu...and going off the benchmarks makes it pretty much 2x...even with 2.1 it beats an EVO with 2.2...lastly even using qualcomm's benchmark it does 2x the performance....

So that qualifies it for 2x I guess...does it not?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour

photojenius27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to photojenius27

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
what was the instinct disaster? i wasnt ever interested in it, so i didnt keep up with it when it launched...
instinct disaster aside from what everyone has named also used to automatically restart itself quite a bit, atleast the S30. I won't lie it was the first real touchscreen phone I had with good service and overall I liked it for the texting, but it wasn't anything big.

a couple times with it being on my desk it even made random calls without anyone touching it, but the restarting itself was a huge issue would drop calls quite a bit because of that.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

setox is becoming a great contributor

fyi in sprints internal system is says that customers that are a premier member can register for the phone in a corp store now and looks like that is only going to be available for a week and a half from now tell them its in kms
Old 08-08-2010, 12:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by setox View Post
fyi in sprints internal system is says that customers that are a premier member can register for the phone in a corp store now and looks like that is only going to be available for a week and a half from now tell them its in kms
wish we could online as well I hate going to the store
Old 08-08-2010, 01:07 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The problem I see with new phones is that most people compare the new phone to another phones merits whether or not the other phone is by the same or different manufacture or on the same or different network.

I think the biggest reason most say the Instinct failed was because it was labeled the 'iPhone Killer' so since it was tagged as the 'iPhone Killer' everyone in the industry was ready to see this thing go up head to head with the iPhone... and as we all know the Instinct wasn't ready for that title 'iPhone Killer'

Had this phone been released and marketing focused on it's features and presented it in such a manner that would draw people to not compare it to any other device out at that time, it may have had a chance to be successful... as soon as you say your product is better than the hottest product at that time, you better come with some A game or not come at all and lets face it, Samsung didn't have their A game

When I first started having a cell phone, all my cell phones were Samsung, now these are flip phones I'm talking about, the greatest feature I liked about Samsung wasn't you didn't have to teach your phone to recognize your voice when using voice dial, didn't matter who used your phone it would recognize a voice and make the appropriate call..

I have the Moment now and have really enjoyed this phone, I am looking forward to owning the Epic
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Simple, it uses 45nm process which makes it more efficient and 3x the gpu...and going off the benchmarks makes it pretty much 2x...even with 2.1 it beats an EVO with 2.2...lastly even using qualcomm's benchmark it does 2x the performance....

So that qualifies it for 2x I guess...does it not?
So it is hitting 90+ MFLOPS and 2800 on quadrant?

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
So it is hitting 90+ MFLOPS and 2800 on quadrant?

EVO on Tapatalk
Well right now we don't have a fully working JIT Foyo port..but running Eclair it gets over 1700 on quadrant..which pretty much beats EVO running Foyo and over 2x EVO running Eclair....

Once we have a full working JIT Froyo...I wouldn't be surprised to see 2800 quadrant :P

Edit: I was just looking at the galaxy s and some person with a few tweaks and no overclocking got 2234 Quadrant score on Android 2.1 >.>...so if your asking if it can do a measly 2800 quadrant once it gets froyo I think your expectations are a bit low don't you think?...you have permission to drool now...

Screenshot below:

Last edited by gTen; 08-08-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

BBAHunter is a n00b

As far as graphics go, the Samsung does just over 90M triangle/sec, the Evo/iphone 4 does 20M triangles/sec.

The big improvement is going to be in gaming, and if you're not into it, then maybe it doesn't mean that much for you, but to me, I can actually play Q2/Q3 on it at 60 FPS...pretty good way to waste time in my book.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAHunter View Post
As far as graphics go, the Samsung does just over 90M triangle/sec, the Evo/iphone 4 does 20M triangles/sec.

The big improvement is going to be in gaming, and if you're not into it, then maybe it doesn't mean that much for you, but to me, I can actually play Q2/Q3 on it at 60 FPS...pretty good way to waste time in my book.
Well with flash added to Froyo it will start making a difference :/..also it is not only the GPU that is better but the CPU as well...despite both being 1ghz processors..the Hummingbird is a cpu that was made of last year while the Snapdragon is 4 years old...the CPU is a lot better on its own.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

AcE XBOX is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
While I would love to try the epic I don't see myself jumping to get one. Samsung hasn't wowed me on any mobile device, ever. I don't think everyone will have the issues for a few reasons: samsung will not have to wait for major hardware from other companies, all major wireless carriers will have some form of this device, and with all the other android powered devices going to other carriers sprint won't be generating as many customers coming from other providers. This is just my opinion but, I think I have some pretty valid points.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
Who let you out of the kitchen? ... jk! You do have valid points. The phone wont sell as well at the EVO because every other carrier will have it.

But IMO this phone will be loved by tech heads. It's currently the fastest phone out there and it's only running 2.1, just wait until it's given the 2.2 update. The screen is superior to any phone out there and it carries a qwerty! Which a lot of people are a huge fan of. The only thing it doesn't have is a kick stand.

I don't know about you, but deep down I'm a geek. I will pick a device, most of the time, on their spec power. The EVO is a pretty phone with sweet specs, but the Galaxy has me turning back. I might just have to pass on the EVO and go to after the better device.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series