PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Epic availability (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130832)

testacon 08-05-2010 11:03 AM

Epic availability

Do you think that the Epic will be as hard to get, as the EVO currently is?

I wonder this for two reasons, since Samsung is making the screen and the phone themselves, they should be easily able to make as many as the demand are for them.

The second reason being, everyone probably has an EVO and they aren't jumping ship anytime soon. A small percentage of them might sell their EVO and get the Epic but hopefully not enough to cause the shortages that the EVO still to this date has.

You also have the people that hate Samsung so that's just extra gravy for availability.

Thoughts?

Scientific 08-05-2010 11:21 AM

Re: Epic availability

Quote:

Originally Posted by testacon (Post 1899696)
Do you think that the Epic will be as hard to get, as the EVO currently is?

I wonder this for two reasons, since Samsung is making the screen and the phone themselves, they should be easily able to make as many as the demand are for them.

The second reason being, everyone probably has an EVO and they aren't jumping ship anytime soon. A small percentage of them might sell their EVO and get the Epic but hopefully not enough to cause the shortages that the EVO still to this date has.

You also have the people that hate Samsung so that's just extra gravy for availability.

Thoughts?

I doubt the demand for this phone will be as big as it is/was for the EVO....the EVO was given out to thousands at the Google I/O conference and essentially teased everyone else as to what was coming soon. Even the EVO forum here at PPCG was rowdy for the months before it came out...this forum not so much.

gTen 08-05-2010 11:41 AM

Even if the demand is high I'm sure they can meet it..I mean they sold 500k of them in 30 days in south korea....when you manufacture the device fully you usually have the upper hand in these kind of things...

tahlsr 08-05-2010 10:17 PM

I've been feeling rowdy for a while : )

Carla 08-06-2010 01:20 AM

Don't forget those of us that Have an Evo and are not going to sell it to get one. There are a few of us that want it all :)

pinkbunniz 08-06-2010 01:37 AM

While I would love to try the epic I don't see myself jumping to get one. Samsung hasn't wowed me on any mobile device, ever. I don't think everyone will have the issues for a few reasons: samsung will not have to wait for major hardware from other companies, all major wireless carriers will have some form of this device, and with all the other android powered devices going to other carriers sprint won't be generating as many customers coming from other providers. This is just my opinion but, I think I have some pretty valid points. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

gTen 08-06-2010 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbunniz (Post 1900995)
While I would love to try the epic I don't see myself jumping to get one. Samsung hasn't wowed me on any mobile device, ever. I don't think everyone will have the issues for a few reasons: samsung will not have to wait for major hardware from other companies, all major wireless carriers will have some form of this device, and with all the other android powered devices going to other carriers sprint won't be generating as many customers coming from other providers. This is just my opinion but, I think I have some pretty valid points. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

How much does it take to wow you? I mean as far as specs this device beats any on the market..it certainly brings more to the table then the EVO did in comparison to what was out at the time.. being the Incredible...(I mean in general, not for sprint..for sprint it made a difference)

Well sprint may get those people who wanted an EVO but is out of stock for them, and some people want the keyboard for example, others want what the cdma version brings like LED, front facing camera and etc...

The biggest drawback as far as customers is sprint taking too long to announce it and lack of advertisement...>.>..otherwise I can easily see it outsell an EVO..

TripleAgent 08-06-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1901000)
How much does it take to wow you? I mean as far as specs this device beats any on the market..it certainly brings more to the table then the EVO did in comparison to what was out at the time.. being the Incredible...(I mean in general, not for sprint..for sprint it made a difference)

Well sprint may get those people who wanted an EVO but is out of stock for them, and some people want the keyboard for example, others want what the cdma version brings like LED, front facing camera and etc...

The biggest drawback as far as customers is sprint taking too long to announce it and lack of advertisement...>.>..otherwise I can easily see it outsell an EVO..

Yeah, they're making a major error not pushing this thing. The EVO isn't sold out ONLY because the phone was first with 4G, and great hardware. Samsung is advertising, but since Sprint:

-has the only version that is unique
-will make around 240 extra per phone over 2 years
-doesn't have any more EVOs

they should pounce on the opportunity to reel in more customers. They gained more customers than they lost for the first time in ages. Because they had a good product and didn't bungle the launch for once.

photojenius27 08-06-2010 03:43 PM

Don't think the Epic will be as hard to get like the Evo has been, but then again won't know until it's out. So far the Vibrant has been pretty good about getting into stores with T-Mobile, I'd imagine they'd do the same with the Epic.

Not sure if it will do better as the Evo, mostly because the Evo is the first 4g phone, though the proccessor is better on the Epic, most of the Evo users will probably stick with what they have. The Evo is a nice phone.

If I was ready to go back to touchscreen I'd personally get the Epic. I had a chance to play with a Vibrant and I personally love the phone as smooth as it runs and T-Mobile doesn't even have the best coverage here, I could only imagine how much faster the Epic would be.

darren.wlsn1 08-06-2010 04:01 PM

instinct disaster wowed me, pass