PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic availability

what was the instinct disaster? i wasnt ever interested in it, so i didnt keep up with it when it launched...

Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
what was the instinct disaster? i wasnt ever interested in it, so i didnt keep up with it when it launched...
I don't know what the Instinct disaster is either...

but one disaster I can tell is how Instinct was a dumb phone marketed as a brand phone by Sprint and forced ppl to sign the more expensive new contracts...

Either way there does not seem to be any issue the community itself did not handle...and hopefully Samsung keeps this as a 1 year thing similar to the iPhone giving us Gingerbread and the like on this version and etc..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-06-2010, 04:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I don't know what the Instinct disaster is either...

but one disaster I can tell is how Instinct was a dumb phone marketed as a brand phone by Sprint and forced ppl to sign the more expensive new contracts...

Either way there does not seem to be any issue the community itself did not handle...and hopefully Samsung keeps this as a 1 year thing similar to the iPhone giving us Gingerbread and the like on this version and etc..
well you seem to know some of the disaster plus the phone was junk.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well you seem to know some of the disaster plus the phone was junk.
Well yeah..what do you expect from a dumbphone >.>..samsung even admitted the point of that phone was people with low budget to get a touch screen...and sprint is like "ooh our new flag ship phone" lol

But either way..everyone deserves a chance..mostly if you got 30 days to return it...but so far from what I've been hearing nothing is particularly devastating...
Old 08-06-2010, 04:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Well yeah..what do you expect from a dumbphone >.>..samsung even admitted the point of that phone was people with low budget to get a touch screen...and sprint is like "ooh our new flag ship phone" lol

But either way..everyone deserves a chance..mostly if you got 30 days to return it...but so far from what I've been hearing nothing is particularly devastating...
funny when my mom had instinct it was said(by sprint) to be iphony killer. lol
agree with 30dy trial though.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Quote:
How much does it take to wow you? I mean as far as specs this device beats any on the market..it certainly brings more to the table then the EVO did in comparison to what was out at the time.. being the Incredible...(I mean in general, not for sprint..for sprint it made a difference)

Well sprint may get those people who wanted an EVO but is out of stock for them, and some people want the keyboard for example, others want what the cdma version brings like LED, front facing camera and etc...

The biggest drawback as far as customers is sprint taking too long to announce it and lack of advertisement...>.>..otherwise I can easily see it outsell an EVO..
It does take quite a bit to wow me, but what I had meant is that samsung hasnt really ever got me on any device I owned made by them. I have talked to some people who have had a chance to play with the keyboard, and I guess its pretty cheap. So while a slide out keyboard does seem enticing, I wont go switching to a different device because of that. And yes a hummingbird processor seems sweet, but i like my snapdragon too lol. I never said I wouldnt try the epic, but Ill just wait for someone else I know to get it and play around with it.
I do agree, on the other hand, that sprint really isnt doing a whole lot for this phone in terms of advertisement. You would think that they would want everyone else who didnt get an evo to try their second major 3g/4g phone. Plus from what I was told this phone will also hold the infamous $10 premium data fee, so more money for them.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
funny when my mom had instinct it was said(by sprint) to be iphony killer. lol
Yes..things like that make me fear for the future of Sprint ..it makes me think deep down Sprint doesn't even understand what exactly they are selling..or under the assumption they can sell a brick at a price of gold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
It does take quite a bit to wow me, but what I had meant is that samsung hasnt really ever got me on any device I owned made by them. I have talked to some people who have had a chance to play with the keyboard, and I guess its pretty cheap. So while a slide out keyboard does seem enticing, I wont go switching to a different device because of that. And yes a hummingbird processor seems sweet, but i like my snapdragon too lol. I never said I wouldnt try the epic, but Ill just wait for someone else I know to get it and play around with it.
I do agree, on the other hand, that sprint really isnt doing a whole lot for this phone in terms of advertisement. You would think that they would want everyone else who didnt get an evo to try their second major 3g/4g phone. Plus from what I was told this phone will also hold the infamous $10 premium data fee, so more money for them.
Well its more than that considering Sprint is having problems keeping the EVO in stock..and another phone is exactly what they need..but unfortunately sprint has always been a 1 phone company..thinking 1 phone is enough to drive a business..(sure maybe if you have an iphone it can pull it off mostly since it got a lot of popularity from the ipod)...but sprint cant do that, they really should stop trying to imitate AT&T..and even verizon and t-mobile both release 2 phones in a given period to help spread the sales and keep things in stock..sprint looks like its purposely trying to kill off its own business sometimes :/
Old 08-06-2010, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

dont think it will be in big demand like Evo is/was,personally i want to play with one but doubt i will trade my evo in for one.Not much of an upgrade for one and the keyboard after being introduced to a capacitive screen with swype seems like a downer.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
dont think it will be in big demand like Evo is/was,personally i want to play with one but doubt i will trade my evo in for one.Not much of an upgrade for one and the keyboard after being introduced to a capacitive screen with swype seems like a downer.
It is only a little ticker then the EVO, but it definitely would be considered an upgrade considering it offers 2x the performance >.>...

The keyboard is up to each person to decide, but it has other uses like emulators, RDP, Gaming, texting/surfing internet without covering the screen and etc..but of course that is up to preference.

Either way I definitely think it is gonna be a hit...mostly if it can keep itself in stock, many people going in to get an Evo that is out of stock will most likely be offered by Sprint Reps to get this instead...
Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
It is only a little ticker then the EVO, but it definitely would be considered an upgrade considering it offers 2x the performance >.>...

The keyboard is up to each person to decide, but it has other uses like emulators, RDP, Gaming, texting/surfing internet without covering the screen and etc..but of course that is up to preference.

Either way I definitely think it is gonna be a hit...mostly if it can keep itself in stock, many people going in to get an Evo that is out of stock will most likely be offered by Sprint Reps to get this instead...
How are you measuring 2x performance?

EVO on Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series