PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos
Re: Android 2.3.6 update

I've been following that news too. Looks like since I only rooted with the autokit and didn't do anything else yet, the OTA should roll just fine to me. We'll ride it out!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I never wait for Sprint to roll out updates. If ur device is rooted theres a good chance u will lose root while recieving the OTA update. I flash custom,or pre-rooted stock,rom that includes the OTA update. Im not about to flash back to stock just to recieve the OTA update. I know on my previous device,HTC Evo 4G,the OTA update would update the bootloader and make it impossible to root again. Im not saying that will happen with the Epic 4G Touch OTA updates,but since it did happen with a cpl of the HTC Evo 4G OTA updates in the past.Im not taking any chances. However if ur Evo had an unlocked bootloader,s-off,then u could update OTA and be fine to re-root.
I prefer StrongSteves Blue themed odexed rom for the Epic 4G Touch. In his latest release,2-5,my lowest quad score was 3969 and my highest quadrant score was 4379,both with no overclock and no xtra rom tweaks,mods,or customizations.
After i flashed the new Rogue Hitman 1.5.0+ kernel i achieved quadrant scores between 4097-4598 with no overclocking. I feel that the Epic 4G Touch performs exceptionally well without overclocking. My Epic 4G Touch,or Galaxy S II,outperforms my HTC Evo 4G,HTC Evo Shift,and my HTC Incredible thats flashed for use on the Cricket network by a very large margin. Not only does my Epic 4G Touch outperform my other devices even when theyre overclocked and tweaked tg with the V6 Supercharger,3G Turbocharger,sd-card tweaked from 128kb to 1024kb or 2048kb with a class 10,C10,16GB sd-card. Even with my previous/old devices OC'd,tweakd,modd,and customized to the best of my abilities,my Epic 4G Touch with Strong Steves rom completely untouched almost always has quad scores twice what the previous devices can do. Which is one reason i see no need to OC the Epic 4G Touch or SGSII.
P.S. I used Quadrant Standard and Quadrant Advanced for all my quad score results.
And sorry for straying off topic. Ive been working almost 18 hours straight and my minds kind of all over the place.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I never wait for Sprint to roll out updates. If ur device is rooted theres a good chance u will lose root while recieving the OTA update. I flash custom,or pre-rooted stock,rom that includes the OTA update. Im not about to flash back to stock just to recieve the OTA update. I know on my previous device,HTC Evo 4G,the OTA update would update the bootloader and make it impossible to root again. Im not saying that will happen with the Epic 4G Touch OTA updates,but since it did happen with a cpl of the HTC Evo 4G OTA updates in the past.Im not taking any chances. However if ur Evo had an unlocked bootloader,s-off,then u could update OTA and be fine to re-root.
I prefer StrongSteves Blue themed odexed rom for the Epic 4G Touch. In his latest release,2-5,my lowest quad score was 3969 and my highest quadrant score was 4379,both with no overclock and no xtra rom tweaks,mods,or customizations.
After i flashed the new Rogue Hitman 1.5.0+ kernel i achieved quadrant scores between 4097-4598 with no overclocking. I feel that the Epic 4G Touch performs exceptionally well without overclocking. My Epic 4G Touch,or Galaxy S II,outperforms my HTC Evo 4G,HTC Evo Shift,and my HTC Incredible thats flashed for use on the Cricket network by a very large margin. Not only does my Epic 4G Touch outperform my other devices even when theyre overclocked and tweaked tg with the V6 Supercharger,3G Turbocharger,sd-card tweaked from 128kb to 1024kb or 2048kb with a class 10,C10,16GB sd-card. Even with my previous/old devices OC'd,tweakd,modd,and customized to the best of my abilities,my Epic 4G Touch with Strong Steves rom completely untouched almost always has quad scores twice what the previous devices can do. Which is one reason i see no need to OC the Epic 4G Touch or SGSII.
P.S. I used Quadrant Standard and Quadrant Advanced for all my quad score results.
And sorry for straying off topic. Ive been working almost 18 hours straight and my minds kind of all over the place.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch