PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon 6700 ppc
Carrier: Verizon

mannix123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BSP for the Apache (CE6)

Given the huge amount of work on the apache (for which I have WM6) on it; is there by chance a CE6 BSP out there some where. I know that WM6 is based on CE5. I have the 180 Day version of the platform builder for VS2005. I wish to make an advanced device with a simple interface, much like that of a MultiMedia Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John
Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
ha.. heh. not available. good luck, since HTC has a pretty firm grip on that stuff. Honestly, you're better off directing your efforts at getting linux stable on it. http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HTCApache

by the way, CE6 is different than wm6, wm5.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon 6700 ppc
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mannix123 is a n00b
Dead Thread

If HTC has a firm grip, I guess that's about as far as I go. I appreciate your response.

WM6 is built on CE5. I want CE6.

A bit off the apache subject, I have a Zune (the word "security" comes to mind), and a Toshiba e740 pda... If anything is known about them, a private messege would be appreciated.

...END OF THREAD (I guess)
Old 11-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannix123 View Post
If HTC has a firm grip, I guess that's about as far as I go. I appreciate your response.

WM6 is built on CE5. I want CE6.

A bit off the apache subject, I have a Zune (the word "security" comes to mind), and a Toshiba e740 pda... If anything is known about them, a private messege would be appreciated.

...END OF THREAD (I guess)
Is there any particular reason you need CE6?. If you really want to play with CE6, buy a gumstix and check that out, there is a freely available BSP for it. Not sure why you'd need CE6 over CE5.2 though, unless you happen to have a need for some of the new features...

I'm not a CE expert by any means, but if you don't know much about embedded devices or how they work, platform builder probably isn't the right place to start. If you can operate a *nix system, handhelds.org is a good start - the toshiba E740 is nearly supported. If you don't really have working knowledge of computer hardware, at least at the level of a lower-division university type computer architecture course, poke around the net, learn some basic assembler and how hardware works, and then start messing with the internals - you'll be a lot less frustrated this way. good luck.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: alltel

zoomer is a n00b
hey im a newb is there the wm6 for the alltel ppc 6800? thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomer View Post
hey im a newb is there the wm6 for the alltel ppc 6800? thanks
i thought WM6 was standard for this device... with a few early release exceptions. if yours is truely WM5, there are a lot of people looking for an extract of that ROM. dont flash it until you extract the ROM image. I know I read a thread somewhere where there was someone looking for it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development