PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172
My iPhone Theme (finalized and includes instructions)

Well a lot of people have been asking about my skin, and lots of noobs are around, asking for help trying to get themes working (mainly the iPhone theme ), anyway, I decided I would spend my day working on making the theme accessible, iron out some bugs, and write up a doc on getting these things to work like you want them to.

I hope everyone enjoys it, I've been tweaking this for a while now. The included writeup should help with geting everything working easily. Included is everything that is required to get my themes working, and suggestions for things to make them better. I also included Photoshop documents of my dialer skin and an easy icon maker psd for you to make the theme just the wayyou want it (for advanced users). The writeup is step-by-step in getting your theme not just up and running, but modding it to be what you want it to be, and I think i made it pretty easy.

I did just throw this together though, So there may be something missing from the folder structure that I claimed would be there from the writeup, but I hope not. If so, just PM me or leave a message here and I'll repack it.

Pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lazyboy0172/MyPhone

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3xh2mxmtxf0
Mirror:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/673c5e/

WA3 skin (NOT created by me, or meant to emulate the iPhone, but works quite well as a replacement)
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/for...ad.php?t=11847

If you have any questions or problems, please reply or send me a PM. This is my first attempt at doing, well anything, and I'd like to be nice.

Edit: I forgot to include "cleaning up" in my doc, so here is a simple version:
Once you are up and running, you may go into the iPhone WAD folder and delete the extra icons you arent using to save some precious storage space, as well as delete all the default themes they throw in there (4 in total). Also, I am not sure if this helps with boot time, but I'm convinced it helps, and certainly doesnt hurt, to go to your settings, today screen settings, and uncheck all of the options aside from owner info, as some programs require the owner info to be there. This way it loads the home screen quicker, and by extension, the Wisbar Themes.

Edit 2 (embarrassed) :
I have been informed that for some people the bottom four buttons are not displaying upon loading the theme. i was hoping this wouldnt be the case, but it seems to be isolated as I've gotten positive reviews as well. For some reason the 4 at the bottom just dont show up sometiems after installing. Dont bother uninstalling though, as it is an easy fix. Just hold the stylus down, select new shortcut, point it to the app of the button you are going for, select the images associated with that app, with the carbon fiber border and the "_p" for the pressed path, and uncheck "display the shortcut's text" in text settings. Now you have to hold the stylus down on the button and select adjust position and move it over so that the carbon fiber bottom lines up perfectly and it is in the right place. do the same for mail, web and ipod. here are my positions to make it quicker:
phone: x-9, y-234
mail: x-66, y-234
web: x-123, y-234
ipod: x-179, y-234

to create the red buttons displaying missed calls and text messages (incase those didnt show up either)
the red button: hold stylus, select new>button, the images for both normal and pressed is missedcall.tga, and the action and action2 are both set to none. move this to the upper right corner of your phone and mail icons

to put the numbers in the buttons, hold stylus, select new>text, and object type is custom text, text to display is %MissedCalls% or %Unread:SMS%, align is center, tap action is none and font is tahoma size7 bold, all colors 255

Last edited by lazyboy0172; 11-02-2007 at 09:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Lurker

coolKid is a n00b
Would this work on Windows Mobile 6 on the Sprint Mogul. I noticed you put WM5.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172
it should work with WM6, hell, it could even work in lower than WM5. I put WM5 cause it is what I have, and is the only thing I tested it on. I have a 6700.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
very nice job. when i get my mogul im going to install this and use it.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell 3G

grypho is just getting started
Hi... are ther any mirrors for this package? My isp has blocked the access to mediafire...

thank you.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Lurker

Gom33 is a n00b
Will have to try this when I get home. All the other ones just get me CONFUSED!!! lol... thanks again and hopefully i can get this to work on my 6700...
raphael
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

liemydude is becoming a great contributor
It was very easy to install and customize. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Everyone lemme know how this works out... This seems to be the best looking iPhone Theme around...

~Joshua A. Gray
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Lurker

djweasel is a n00b
Is this updated?
Old 07-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Ok, I'm just installing it... and I got to where you say locate on the mobile device themes/desktop... where the hell is this?

*edit* Nevermind, I guess I missed the installation of Wis Desktop.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes