PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch HD
Carrier: Vodafone

vinaymieux is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Hi tsowen

I just installed the cab of tsowentaskbar6v2 in my HD (original ROM) and now i can't happen to uninstall it. it keeps giving me an error. and even if i try to install any other taskbar over it, there are still some "side effects" left from it (icons changed in start menu and network icon). When i try to uninstall 'tsowen taskbar' from 'remove programs', it just gives me an error: "tsowen taskbar was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?" And even if i press yes, its still there. its just not uninstalling....!!! I even tried replacing the files in windows directory with dlls of other taskbar. No Luck!

Please tell me how should i uninstall it completely.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaymieux View Post
Hi tsowen

I just installed the cab of tsowentaskbar6v2 in my HD (original ROM) and now i can't happen to uninstall it. it keeps giving me an error. and even if i try to install any other taskbar over it, there are still some "side effects" left from it (icons changed in start menu and network icon). When i try to uninstall 'tsowen taskbar' from 'remove programs', it just gives me an error: "tsowen taskbar was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?" And even if i press yes, its still there. its just not uninstalling....!!! I even tried replacing the files in windows directory with dlls of other taskbar. No Luck!

Please tell me how should i uninstall it completely.
my man try to search I posted the method several times over again. Because the files are always in use such as the shellres you are not going to be able to unistall it just by clicking remove programs. What you have to do is install the same exact cab over again, it is going to tell you the previous version has to be unistalled do you want to, click yes. When it ask you do you want to install on device or storage card don't click anything and soft reset the phone and you will be back all stock. Don't worry if it may show in the remove programs because it will not be on the phone. This same theory can be applied to any taskbar installed you just have to make sure its the same exact one you have installed.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:46 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
bilbobrian's taskbar (QVGA)

thanks goes to bilbobrian. i edited a few icons due to the fact it was hard to see on qvga and for my taste.

i will try to upload more ss later, but if you want to see a couple more icons in the taskbar go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...015#post872015
Attached Files
File Type: zip TB.zip (745.1 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

So, I'm a little new to this, but is there anyway to have the battery icon with the percentages, but have standard icons using Tsowens Taskbar 3v1 with MightyROM 5?
Search is your best friend.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 AM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
my man try to search I posted the method several times over again. Because the files are always in use such as the shellres you are not going to be able to unistall it just by clicking remove programs. What you have to do is install the same exact cab over again, it is going to tell you the previous version has to be unistalled do you want to, click yes. When it ask you do you want to install on device or storage card don't click anything and soft reset the phone and you will be back all stock. Don't worry if it may show in the remove programs because it will not be on the phone. This same theory can be applied to any taskbar installed you just have to make sure its the same exact one you have installed.
That method hasn't worked for me - I just have to rename the additional files... However, I can't seem to get rid of HTCLTB.png - I can't rename it, delete it, move it, or anything.

What process actually ties up access to this file so I can just kill it and remove this pesky file?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Lurker

vinaymieux is a n00b

Quote:
Hey tsowen, thanks for the prompt reply.

when i try to install the same taskbar, it doesn't ask me anymore that a previous version is installed, it directly goes to the device or storage card option. and even if i try to install this or any other taskbar, i cant anymore, i get an error message while trying to install - "Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions."
Though in this process of trying to install and uninstall, I have got all the taskbar icons to default; but the ones in the start menu (today, programs, settings) are still from your taskbar. Now how do i get those to default and how do i get my phone installing the taskbars again??

Edit: Also, when i press the taskbar to display the system status screen, it has all icons from the previous taskbar and the colors are so messed up, that i can't see anything. So another thing in the list.

Last edited by vinaymieux; 04-24-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaymieux View Post
Hey tsowen, thanks for the prompt reply.

when i try to install the same taskbar, it doesn't ask me anymore that a previous version is installed, it directly goes to the device or storage card option. and even if i try to install this or any other taskbar, i cant anymore, i get an error message while trying to install - "Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions."
Though in this process of trying to install and uninstall, I have got all the taskbar icons to default; but the ones in the start menu (today, programs, settings) are still from your taskbar. Now how do i get those to default and how do i get my phone installing the taskbars again??

Edit: Also, when i press the taskbar to display the system status screen, it has all icons from the previous taskbar and the colors are so messed up, that i can't see anything. So another thing in the list.
You do have sdkcerts installed correct? I just tried the method I gave you using taskbar 6 elite on my Touch Pro and it worked correctly so I am not sure what would be messing you up? The sufficient system permission is from the HTCLTB png files I am pretty sure of. Install the sdkcerts again and try my method again to remove it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Lurker

vinaymieux is a n00b

Quote:
You do have sdkcerts installed correct? I just tried the method I gave you using taskbar 6 elite on my Touch Pro and it worked correctly so I am not sure what would be messing you up? The sufficient system permission is from the HTCLTB png files I am pretty sure of. Install the sdkcerts again and try my method again to remove it.
I have sdkcerts installed, but that method didn't work. Then someone told me to install 'Max TF3D Theme Maker' and reset the taskbar from it... and BAM!! everything was back to stock!!
But there is one issue now.. i can't happen to install any of your taskbars (except tsowentaskbar3v1.4), getting the same error. But then if i try to uninstall this one, it uninstalls but icons accept bluetooth still remain from taskbar. I don't know what all i have screwed doing all this in my phone. Now it is even hanging and restarting on its own!! Any way to fix all that??
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD
Carrier: SFR

KevinNash is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Custom Taskbar

Sorry Tsowen, but doesn't work for me, I reinstall the sams cab, I have always the " unable to uninstall " message, I reset at the choice where to install moment, but after reboot, the Taskbar is still here.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

QVGA Users:

I need a couple of victims, I mean beta testers to try out this version of the QVGA Elite TB V3. This is an open beta, so anyone is free to try. Just 2 things: I want honest feedback. I f something doesn't look right, tell me what and post a screen shot. Don't give me a laundry list of changes you want to personalize it for yourself. I will ignore those posts. Remember, I have no way of trying this out, so a few screen shots will help me determine if this is working. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: cab TB 6 Elite V3 - GF QVGA Conversion.cab (2.23 MB, 708 views) Click for barcode!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 04-25-2009 at 09:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes