PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bryanw17 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
From TP2 to Droid back to TP2

Im going to make this plain and simple for you guys thinking about getting the Droid.... DONT.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

dynofrk666 is a n00b
Re: From TP2 to Droid back to TP2

Any insight as to why? A friend of mine bought the Hero and it seemed pretty good from what I could tell. Unless you're talking about the motorola droid?

Last edited by dynofrk666; 11-09-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started

I would also like to know what problems you had with the device
Old 11-09-2009, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

They were talking about the Droid on the radio this morning and said that it's a nice phone, but from what they were saying, and also from what I've read, it just isn't as good as the TP2. I don't see why the TP2 hasn't gotten as much publicity as a bunch of other devices out there. I think it's probably the best device available in the US right now, especially if you get one of the CDMA versions as you could then use GSM and CDMA. Unlock the phone and flash a custom ROM then if you want the latest and greatest, but even the stock ROM is great.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
They were talking about the Droid on the radio this morning and said that it's a nice phone, but from what they were saying, and also from what I've read, it just isn't as good as the TP2. I don't see why the TP2 hasn't gotten as much publicity as a bunch of other devices out there. I think it's probably the best device available in the US right now, especially if you get one of the CDMA versions as you could then use GSM and CDMA. Unlock the phone and flash a custom ROM then if you want the latest and greatest, but even the stock ROM is great.
I don't think VZW needs to give it's TP2 publicity as it's never in stock! Overall, I have to agree. I went into a VZW store and asked about seeing the Motorola Droid, they had advertisements EVERYWHERE, even a Whacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man telling you to come get a MOTOROLA DROID. Needless to say they got two in and I left with a Rep who said Windows Mobile Sucks, Droid Sucks, get a Blackberry Tour.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

bryanw17 is just getting started

i got the droid to try something different seeing as how i have been using wm for about 5 years now and i wanted a change. So I got it saturday and im not impressed its about just as fast as an unlocked tp2 and mightyrom on it. Not having a dedicated send and end key it tough seeing as u have to slide it either way to pik up. They key board is 4 rows but the keys are tiny the tp2 has a MUCH better keyboard, i have found i have been using the on screen keyboard more. and overall just better build quality with the tp2
Old 11-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a TP2 running a cutom rom. I have been on Windows Mobile for years now and love it.

I replaced my wifes faulty Touch Pro last Friday with the new Sprint Samsung Moment running Android 1.6. I have to admit, I like it. It works great and there are tons of apps to download directly to it. It has dedicated buttons, a slide out kb, and many features.

Not sure if I would ever leave WinMo myself, but I have to say I am impressed.

Best of all, my wife loves it. I never heard the end of how much she hated her Touch Pro.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

Nice tease - I would like to know also, those who might have bought the droid coming from a TP2 - just didn't have time this weekend to look at it...anyone?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanw17 View Post
i got the droid to try something different seeing as how i have been using wm for about 5 years now and i wanted a change. So I got it saturday and im not impressed its about just as fast as an unlocked tp2 and mightyrom on it. Not having a dedicated send and end key it tough seeing as u have to slide it either way to pik up. They key board is 4 rows but the keys are tiny the tp2 has a MUCH better keyboard, i have found i have been using the on screen keyboard more. and overall just better build quality with the tp2
Can you explain how a phone that is metal and tempered glass has a worse build quality than a phone that is plastic and plastic w/ a side of plastic? I'm not disagreeing w/ you as I never tried the Droid but on paper it beats any HTC device on the market by having an TI Omap CPU and dedicated GPU, 3.7" capacitive glass touch screen, and Android 2.0 w/ turn by turn GPS.

Also to be fair when the TP2 was released everyone and their mother cried foul at the POS Qualcomm 72xx CPU and lack of video drivers (what else is new) Nice to see all that has changed in a matter of 2 months.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux

Last edited by RicoRich196; 11-09-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

picked up a droid on saturday but i still have my tp2. very very impressive phone. personally i would not put one ahead of the other they are both very good phones. both have their own pros and cons but honestly they kind of offset each other. tp2 has a better keyboard but not as snappy, droid is quicker but not as good a keyboard etc. dont think you could go wrong with either one really

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison