PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: MTN

Jonathan at Design is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hmm... The iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy S?

I have reached the end of my previous contract and due for an upgrade. I cant decide between the iPhone which is a really good phone in all, or the Samsung Galaxy.

I want a peaceful debate on which phone would be better. I'd prefer valid arguments, don't say stuff like, there's more free apps on android, that's the worst excuse to get a phone.

I have right now, a Blackberry Bold and I am tired of it, want to move onto other phones. I really like both the iPhone and the Samsung but cant decide.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Hmm... The iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy S?

Why not also consider wp7? Better than the iPhone.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:26 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

What do you use your phone for? and what is most important to you? this way we can give you a better assessment.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

personally I like hardware better than software since software can be changed/customized easier than hardware on phone... and android has better hardware (except for battery life)

Well that's my basic train of thought, since I see no difference between iOS and Android, to me it's the same as coke vs pepsi and they taste the same to me
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Saying Android as a whole has better hardware isn't correct simply due to the fact that the hardware ranges from fairly basic to high end. I have both the E4GT and the 4S and I use my iPhone a lot more than my E4GT.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

moved to phone comparison.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

There's the move, I wonder why @CarlaDarla or @gTen didn't handle that.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
There's the move, I wonder why @CarlaDarla or @gTen didn't handle that.
Carla is not a mod, she is retired hence the purple. As for gten...well have you ever owned a cat before? if you did you would know why...

lol jk

It depends, each mod has their own policy. In my case my policy is to give a thread a day or 2 then move it. Other mods policies differ from mine and it is up to each mods discretion on how to proceed, if 2 mods disagree we have super mods to make a decision and beyond that we have admins.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
personally I like hardware better than software since software can be changed/customized easier than hardware on phone... and android has better hardware (except for battery life)

Well that's my basic train of thought, since I see no difference between iOS and Android, to me it's the same as coke vs pepsi and they taste the same to me
I what way does android have better hardware?

The iPhone 4s outbenches every android device except a couple of categories on the Galaxy Nexus.

The iPhone 4s has a better camera than any Android device ever made, it has a a better screen resolution than almost any android device. What hardware are you referring to exactly that Android has that's better than the iPhone?
Old 12-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Carla is not a mod, she is retired hence the purple. As for gten...well have you ever owned a cat before? if you did you would know why...

lol jk

It depends, each mod has their own policy. In my case my policy is to give a thread a day or 2 then move it. Other mods policies differ from mine and it is up to each mods discretion on how to proceed, if 2 mods disagree we have super mods to make a decision and beyond that we have admins.
@gTen yea I know I just wanted to see what you'd say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I what way does android have better hardware?

The iPhone 4s outbenches every android device except a couple of categories on the Galaxy Nexus.

The iPhone 4s has a better camera than any Android device ever made, it has a a better screen resolution than almost any android device. What hardware are you referring to exactly that Android has that's better than the iPhone?
@orangekid yea too bad it doesn't run on our beloved magenta in full 3G in most areas. People are so desperate to get it on there that they're willing to put up with EDGE speeds.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
contract, dessisions, galaxy s, iphone, samsung