PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Block is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help me choose a new phone...

Ok, I still have the tp2 on wm 6.5, lol I know..but finally I dropped it and it cracked the screen so I'm finally looking to get a new one..

I have been holding off forever b/c I was waiting for WP to develop and I havent been following it so much so, my question is which phone to purchase??

Android or WP and which are the best phones of each, must include keyboard tho..please help thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 11:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: help me choose a new phone...

The best current kb phone is Epic 4g!

Best buy is right now giving them out free with 2 year contract:

Samsung - Epic 4G Mobile Phone (Sprint) - SPHD700BKS

But to better answer your question, can you tell us what you use your phone for? and whats important to you?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The Moto Droid 3 looks like it may not be bad. The top one depends on opinion. The biggest thing is which OS will you like more and the best way is to play with it yourself. Does the screen still work okay on your phone? It may be worth it if so to run Android on your TP2 to see if you would like it.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I did done research and ended up with the evo, first time using android & am extremely impressed, 1000x better than wm.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

unless the evo was free, bad choice. the evo 3d comes out in 1 month.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I kno but its gonna cost too much and I'm not really interested in 3d plus I can always sell this and get it do no big deal.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block View Post

I kno but its gonna cost too much and I'm not really interested in 3d plus I can always sell this and get it do no big deal.
The 3d is the least important feature of the Evo3d..the most important being more energy efficient CPU, faster cpu, dual core, better gpu, better screen, more ram..and I can go on...
Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

and its the same price. 199.99
Old 05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The EVO is better than that plasticky epic gTen and Austin are pushing here. LOL.

Congrats on YOUR new phone bro... It's what YOU chose because that's what YOU want.
Enjoy.
p.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
The EVO is better than that plasticky epic gTen and Austin are pushing here. LOL.

Congrats on YOUR new phone bro... It's what YOU chose because that's what YOU want.
Enjoy.
p.
To be fair..he clearly asked for a phone with a keyboard....so I suggested based on what he stated as a need...since he chose the EVO I and Austin offered a better alternative of the same form factor...and explaiend to him why it would be a better option..its his choice in the end..we can;t force him to buy phone X or Y...but this is a tech forum where we exchange information to make the best decision...I do not see a need to get personal about these things..

And FYI, what does having plasticy have to do with anything? The Epic has minimum amount of extra materials to help make it lighter..where as if you open up the Evo is loaded with useless plastic...(which prob could have been used to fit a 2x bigger battery if they wanted to >.>)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison