PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo 4G and me!

I don't know about you guys, but with all the CES unveilings of tegra 2 dual core phones and the all the new phones hitting the market, my once bad-a$$ Evo is starting to look wrinkled and grey and the phone is only 7 months old! I love my Evo but technology has to slow down so I can keep up!! Dammit-man....
Old 01-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0
Re: Evo 4G and me!

LOL, man get used to it, it will never slow...I am still pissed the Shift has no FF camera
Old 01-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Thing is. it will always be like this til the point of saturation... the regular population is just now getting into smartphones.. ( android atm ) but it will balance out. much like the tv market.. or thats my little take on it..
Old 01-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

It will slow down when everyone and their grandmothers have smartphones.. then you will see a decline in sales.lol
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Gatornator
Threadstarter

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah I'm sure it will. But heck...PC parts don't even turn this quick. I realize that once my upgrade comes about in july and I use my wifes maxipad money to buy a new phone, Tegra quad cores will be announced with 5 day battery life!!! I just hope the Evo 2 blows moto and LG phones into oblivion.

What's funny is that my mom and stepdad now both have Evo's. Neither one of them have a clue on how to use it so I'm thier tech support. I'm so tired of "mom....MOM....see the phone button at the bottom...NO! On the screen....The button that says PHONE...touch that...yes...now dial the number....you did what? Jeez...ok go back...NEVERMIND, I'll be there in a few.....
Old 01-07-2011, 12:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

See the thing is the cell phone market really had no competition till recently...so its not that the market is turning quick..its more that we got outdated components and then competion comes in forcing manufacturers to up their game..

I mean lets rehash..first we had 500mhz phones..Nexus One, iPhone come in and force phones into the 1ghz age...Samsung then comes in and ups the GPU specs and brings in Super AMOLED displays and iPhone brings Retena Display..now people are looking for Super AMOLED/Super LCD/Retena displays and more attention to benchmarks.

So we moved from an age where we had 3 year old hardware (500mhz time), to 2 year old hardware (1ghz snapdragons), to now 1 year old hardware (Hummingbird, 2nd gen snapdragons, Tegra 2)

In the Computer PC market manufacturers release hardware shortly after its made..in cellphones we have been getting outdated stuff so leaps are expected if we make these jumps...for us to achieve what we have on pcs we need same year hardware...but overall I'm quite happy to at least be getting 1 year outdated hardware over 3 years lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Gatornator
Threadstarter

So true gten....SOOOOO true!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Don't feel bad.
I'm about to buy a Epic or a Shift in 2011 and they both seem outdated BEFORE I even buy one.

Last edited by tt C6; 01-09-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:48 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

been out of contract for a while now...but can't afford to buy an upgrade. so i guess that forces me to wait for the spring line-up. and unlike gator352, the wife's maxipad money is off limits (i know because i've been told so lol).

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO_Shift
Carrier: sprint

slantyshanty is a n00b

Sad but, I think my next phone will be more powerful than my home computer?

I am well overdue for an upgrade (still using my TP and MR6.5) but I keep waiting for something to come out with all the function(s) I need... not to mention all the new hotness that I don't NEED but sure do want... oh the damn waiting.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison