PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Samsung Transform

PLan to buy one of these, but waiting on comments from others...
Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Samsung Transform

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
are you asking to add it or just want opinions on it cause your in "add a device" forum?
why not get a epic, this is just a crippled epic imo. no 4g even, fail

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-18-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:40 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
are you asking to add it or just want opinions on it cause your in "add a device" forum?
why not get a epic, this is just a crippled epic imo. no 4g even, fail
Its not a crippled Epic..its a Moment with a different look and an LCD...that and a none working front camera I hear >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Its definitely not a bad phone. Also people with the transform don't have to worry about the $10 cool tax if they don't even have access to 4g. If htc came out with a 3g phone with like specs I would sell my evo and change phones in a heartbeat. I have used 4g once and signal was horrible with same speeds as 3g. When they improve 4g then it will be worth it. Luckily with my family plan I only pay 32 and change per line which makes it okay to have the evo.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 10-19-2010, 02:30 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Its not a crippled Epic..its a Moment with a different look and an LCD...that and a none working front camera I hear >.>
hell it aint, looks just like it with less speed/4g, its my opinion. even articles call it little epic. has a ffcam why you say no work? here they call it a mini epic but it is crippled

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/06/s...irst-hands-on/

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-19-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:01 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
hell it aint, looks just like it with less speed/4g, its my opinion. even articles call it little epic. has a ffcam why you say no work? here they call it a mini epic but it is crippled

Samsung Transform, first hands-on! -- Engadget

Samsung Transform review -- Engadget

Quote:
Perhaps most confusingly, the front-facing camera totally failed to respond to any of the video chat applications we tried -- Qik, Fring and Tango all failed, and one of the three actually stated that required hardware wasn't present on the phone. Tango's a bit of a newcomer, sure, but Qik and Fring are de facto video chat applications of choice on Android, and we were shocked to see neither working on a front-facing camera device.
see...

Quote:
We also noticed that 3D apps chugged tremendously, and certain games wouldn't run at all. We ran a few tests but soon got confirmation from Sprint itself: the Transform's S3C6410 processor doesn't support hardware acceleration for OpenGL.
yes you heard that..no hardware acceleration...think back to windows mobile...

Its pretty much a Samsung Moment with a changed screen >.>
Old 10-19-2010, 03:17 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Samsung Transform review -- Engadget

see...

yes you heard that..no hardware acceleration...think back to windows mobile...

Its pretty much a Samsung Moment with a changed screen >.>
my opinion was that it looks exactly like a epic but crippled, im not alone. my point was save little more cash and get epic. that work for ya? on the ff cam it does work is all i ment there.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
my opinion was that it looks exactly like a epic but crippled, im not alone. my point was save little more cash and get epic. that work for ya? on the ff cam it does work is all i ment there.
I know..I'm just saying to call this a crippled Epic would be an insult to the Epic lol...thats why I call it a re-branded Moment >.>
Old 10-19-2010, 04:07 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi
I think there is "more than meets the eye!"
Old 10-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

1) This phone looks terrible, I wouldn't buy it with gTen's money.

2) Moved to Phone Comparison forum.

3) Chipotle sounds sooo good right now.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison