PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulanic View Post
I think for us users on here who have some PPC intelligence, the epic is sweet and I love mine. For your run of the mill typical no knowledge user, the HTC is the better bet as the sense UI makes more sense to a basic user...no pun intended.
TRUE, you just hit it right on the head! this is exactly what I was telling my brother who has an evo, but doesn't know much about what he can do with it or it's full potential.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk Pro.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Dulanic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My friend is debatting and he doesn't know much about a android. I told him to get the evo. I told him he would need to add a bunch of stuff to look like mine and by his look I knew evo was the right choice lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: epic now #1 phone + New Epic 4g Commercials

I had evo and loved it but I noticed a lag on the UI, camera recoding, and 3d app were a bit hard on the Evo. Games like nova stuttered althou its got the snapdragon cpu. All the hype on the snapdragon cpu convinced me that we were finally going to get a cpu from htc that fully uses its GPU. But after viewing several review videos of epic vs evo, I noticec how much smoother and fastet the epic was. so I went out and bought it. as soon as I turned it on I noticec gow smooth and fluid and responsive with was. I tried Nova on it and immidietly noticed how stutter free it ran. A bit of research I come out with why it ran better. Apparently it has a vastly superior gpu thats 3 times more powerful than the iphone4. Also the iphone4 does have the Cortex gpu that the epic has. But slower. I immidietly returned the evo that same day. I am so happy with epic now. Finally we have a device that surpasses the iphone. Sorry Evo owners, but you got skewered by htc again. I will never but htc.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulanic View Post
I think for us users on here who have some PPC intelligence, the epic is sweet and I love mine. For your run of the mill typical no knowledge user, the HTC is the better bet as the sense UI makes more sense to a basic user...no pun intended.
wow, very true sir.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nreeldeep is a n00b

So basically while HTC, Apple and MOtorola have ads that show the various features of their devices, samsung is content to repeatedly produce the same commercial showing only one feature of the galaxy, that it plays movies, as if no other advice does this.

it's no wonder that evo, iPhone and Droids remain hard to find yet every outlet has an abundance of Epics for sale.

Why did it not sell out at launch like evo did? Hell, epic's lil brother Instinct sold out on launch day. Why did it not freeze the system on launch day like evo did? why is Hummingbird/super amoled still heavily in stock? Hmm...

Maybe we should ask pcworld.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I don't get it, you guys are talking as if the Epic is the developers dream device and the Evo is just like an iPhone or something, when it's the other way around.

The Epic is for the more "simple" user, whereas the Evo has so many more custom ROMs, custom kernels, and things you can do with it. Can you make the Evo look like an Epic? Of course! but why would you?? Touchwiz is like the ugliest UI Android has ever seen.

Can you put Sense on the Epic? Not going to happen? But why would you want to, when you have all of those awesome crazy squares and ugly colors and useless touchwiz widgets?

Is there a really good Nexus port on the Epic running 2.2 yet? How about a Desire HD or Desire Z or Lexikon ROM?

Oh that's right the Epic has Super AMOLED, because I use my phone inside so much more than outside, where you can't even see the screen! But not really, because when I'm inside I'm on my computer or HDTV.

Honestly I like the Epic, it's a sweet phone, but I wouldn't try to make it into some phone that "smart people" use because if you really wanted to modify your rig, I'd tell you to get an Evo any day of the week.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreeldeep View Post
So basically while HTC, Apple and MOtorola have ads that show the various features of their devices, samsung is content to repeatedly produce the same commercial showing only one feature of the galaxy, that it plays movies, as if no other advice does this.

it's no wonder that evo, iPhone and Droids remain hard to find yet every outlet has an abundance of Epics for sale.

Why did it not sell out at launch like evo did? Hell, epic's lil brother Instinct sold out on launch day. Why did it not freeze the system on launch day like evo did? why is Hummingbird/super amoled still heavily in stock? Hmm...

Maybe we should ask pcworld.
First of all these are Sprint commercials, not Samsung. (my guess is they get commission of media hub and trying to emphasize it)

iPhone sold out due to huge demand, Evo sold out because HTC could not manufacture a lot of devices. Droid I don't think ever really sold out..not because it didn't sell just Motorola supplied them fast enough.

Lastly all 3 had HUGE amount of promotion on the devices...Epic got 0 promotion..if it sold, it was not because of commercials but people liking the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I don't get it, you guys are talking as if the Epic is the developers dream device and the Evo is just like an iPhone or something, when it's the other way around.
Weren't you telling us before how much you can do with a jail broken iphone lol

Quote:
The Epic is for the more "simple" user, whereas the Evo has so many more custom ROMs, custom kernels, and things you can do with it. Can you make the Evo look like an Epic? Of course! but why would you?? Touchwiz is like the ugliest UI Android has ever seen.
Epic comes out good out of the box, but it does not subtract from its "Value" as a device you can tweak. True, you have more custom roms and kernals as the Evo has been out longer and more people are familiar with HTC tweaking. That said in the short amount of time Epic came out the kernals we have are better then the Evo..like 1.3ghz-1.4ghz overclocking while using up same energy. As for TouchWiz...its not that horrible...I'll tell you this Motoblur is uglier 100%...The thing about TouchWiz is it does not offer many preinstalled widgits like sense ui does.

Quote:
Can you put Sense on the Epic? Not going to happen? But why would you want to, when you have all of those awesome crazy squares and ugly colors and useless touchwiz widgets?
Its not impossible..just not to many care about Sense ui to have it as a priority for developers...

Quote:
Is there a really good Nexus port on the Epic running 2.2 yet? How about a Desire HD or Desire Z or Lexikon ROM?
Would you call CyanoganRom 6.1 a good port? Its not public yet though..but they got it to boot.

Quote:
Oh that's right the Epic has Super AMOLED, because I use my phone inside so much more than outside, where you can't even see the screen! But not really, because when I'm inside I'm on my computer or HDTV.
Super AMOLED works outside just fine.

Quote:
Honestly I like the Epic, it's a sweet phone, but I wouldn't try to make it into some phone that "smart people" use because if you really wanted to modify your rig, I'd tell you to get an Evo any day of the week.
you don't say....

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

lol you basically used crazy verbiage to tell me I was right.

the Evo offers much more if you like to tweak and customize every aspect of your phone and offers more options. Both are great phones.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

the Evo offers much more if you like to tweak and customize every aspect of your phone and offers more options. Both are great phones.
your such a hater, i liked the evo a little but its just a tp2 thats big and only runs android. epic roms are popping up more and more and kernals are all over plus 2.2 is coming so thats a plus but i do agree about tw and thats why roms give you options for launcher pro ect. stop hating iphony fan.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

First of all..the review by pc world is based on STOCK..and STOCK Epic > Evo.

As for customization..if Evo is so customizable..you should be able to get a rom that does 1.3ghz using same voltage..right? nope you can't..so sure EVO can make give you the same thing in 50 different ways..but on Epic you get 1-2 ways but with actual improvements.

Aka EVO is reaching a limit to its development capabilities while Epic still has a bunch of customizations and possibilities ahead...like say 1.6ghz *drool*

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison