PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Suggest Android (Sprint) Non Evo

OK My son wants to upgrade his phone... of course he's not eligible, but he can use his brother's "half eligible" for $75.... These boys have Phone ADD but thats an entire different subject.Anyway, we have Sprint family data plan.. no problem with whatever he chooses. The BBCurve was his first smart phone.

So his buddies have Droid X and Incredible.. he wants to go Android. He'll PROBABLY buy an Evo and pay bucks for it but I told him I'd check to see what other options he has...

Which Android based phone is the "next best" to the Evo? for Sprint of course.

BrennB
Old 08-06-2010, 01:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Suggest Android (Sprint) Non Evo

Well the Epic that will come out this month is better then the EVO

But the $10 fee phones aside there are only 3 options...

1) Hero - This one has the worst spec wise but prob most development at the moment

2) Moment - Intercept makes this obsolete...

3) Intercept - Best spec wise but prob least development since it is new...

Yeah..Sprint has pretty much no choices for Android >.>

Oh and there is the Nextel Motorola i1..but this phone uses iden :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well the Epic that will come out this month is better then the EVO

But the $10 fee phones aside there are only 3 options...

1) Hero - This one has the worst spec wise but prob most development at the moment

2) Moment - Intercept makes this obsolete...

3) Intercept - Best spec wise but prob least development since it is new...

Yeah..Sprint has pretty much no choices for Android >.>

Oh and there is the Nextel Motorola i1..but this phone uses iden :/
I disagree on the intercept making the Moment obsolete.
For starters, the Moment has a bigger screen and AMOLED compared to the TFT that the intercept has, making it brighter and more vibrant than the Intercept ever will be. They both have 16 million colors, the same mega pixels for the cameras. Both are running Android 2.1, with bluetooth 2.1, both have the capabilities to upgrade their space with microsd cards.

The intercept does have a built in youtube player and social media connect already on it, I don't know if 2.1 addresses that issue for the moment, since I don't have one.

The moment does have volume control and side button for camera, which the intercept does not.

Ultimately, the specs are so close, I wonder why Samsung even bothered with the Intercept, and to me, they are interchangeable, it depends on little issues that might sway you either way.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

See I thought there was something new coming out.... now if I can get him to wait... He gets a bonus on Tuesday and wants to SPEND

so what is consensus on Intercept?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Son doesn't want to wait for the Epic? it may come out next month.

Does anyone know if the Epic will be a hotspot device as well?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:20 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

eenieMINI, Idk best place to ask would probably be the Intercept forums :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
Son doesn't want to wait for the Epic? it may come out next month.

Does anyone know if the Epic will be a hotspot device as well?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
Yes it will be a hotspot for up to 5 devices...
Old 08-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Yes, he doesn't do well with delayed gratification, he says it's phone or new tattoo, He's 26, no will power.

I was going to look In those forums but thought, great my post will get moved to my forums anyway. ROFL. nah, I just want to point him in the right direction then he can decide what to do.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Yes, he doesn't do well with delayed gratification, he says it's phone or new tattoo, He's 26, no will power.

I was going to look In those forums but thought, great my post will get moved to my forums anyway. ROFL. nah, I just want to point him in the right direction then he can decide what to do.
Use the "distract strategy"..show him a bunch of phones to confuse him and take his time deciding till the Epic comes out
Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Ha, it's not my dime, he just piggybacks my family plan. I'll bet dollars to donuts he snags an evo. What will be funny is to see how long before he wants something else.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison