PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 10:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero, Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Gnfghtr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need your help

Yes, this is a "partial repeat" of a thread in the Hero section, but only for background info, please don't flame me for it...

Up until last week I had and was content with a TP. Last week while I was out of town my TP stopped charging and I was forced to go into an independent retailer for sprint and upgrade my phone. I got a Moment.

Going forward, and having done more research, I am not content to stay with the Moment. I am torn on the Hero and a TP2. I am not really considering the EVO due to the size since I am required by my job to have a blackberry on my hip already and I don't want to add a flat panel TV to it. I know that the processor is great and the graphics are great and its what everyone wants... but I'm not everyone. I need something to fit the needs of a TP user that was content with it. The question becomes do I jump on the android bandwagon or do I spend the extra bucks to get the TP2 and stick with what I know...

I know the 6.1/6.5 software. I know that the keyboard on the TP2 is solid. Is it really that good with the android software? How does this stack up to a Hero? I know its slightly bigger, screenwise and dimension wise, but that is not necessarily a plus for me since in need my company blackberry to share the same hip and play nice.

What say ye?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: I need your help

Are you thinking that you can run android full time on your TP2? Ya I guess you could do it but I think it would make you miserable.

Thats just what My take on what you said.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

No,

I would expect to run windows on the TP2. They both have their pros and cons, but the Hero would run android and the TP2 would run windows.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnfghtr View Post
No,

I would expect to run windows on the TP2. They both have their pros and cons, but the Hero would run android and the TP2 would run windows.

Sorry My bad, I reread your first post, and your issue right now is go with the Hardware keyboard or try to learn to use the screen with android for the keyboard?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

For the most part yes, that is my quandry. I know and love the 6.1 Mighty Rom, which would be compatible with the TP2 which I feel has the superior keyboard. But will it be overrun by android and can I get a superior phone, sans keyboard, in the Hero? I will admit that part of whats frustrating me about the Moment is that no one is making accessories for it. I had to adapt an old bb holster just to carry it.

It doesn't help that my 30 day trial for a new phone has started in Seattle and I live in Dallas. My next decision for a phone will be final due to shipping back and forth to Seattle because of the indepentent retailer issue...
Old 06-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

that does suck but honestly its all going to up to you to decide, Both are great phones but you are going to have to use what works best for you.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

No disagreement there, they are both great phones. I guess it comes down to which will take me farther, the android os or the windows os... Knowing both phones are becoming a little long in the tooth from their initial release I want something that will last me at least the next 18 months.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnfghtr View Post
No disagreement there, they are both great phones. I guess it comes down to which will take me farther, the android os or the windows os... Knowing both phones are becoming a little long in the tooth from their initial release I want something that will last me at least the next 18 months.
Honestly hardware wise, I think the TP2 has ROCK solid hardware. I have had mine since last sept and I have not had one hardware issue at all.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i say tp2!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
i say tp2!
What part of Mississippi you in? I have a Ton of Family there.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison