PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X
Goodbye MightyRom & TP2...

I still can't believe I gave up my $30 Sero plan for the EVO. There is things I already miss about my TP2 however the EVO is overall a MUCH better device. The main thing I miss is the keyboard but I'm sure overtime I will master the EVO keyboard as even the TP2 keyboard took some time to get use to.

Anyway I had a good run with WM as the TP1 was my first ever smart phone. After running stock on TP1 for a few months, I unlocked it and flashed it to Mighty and followed with my TP2. I did sell my TP2 to a friend of mine and I made sure to set him up with the latest build of mighty and I will continue to offer him help should he run into any issues.

This is my first ever android phone and I feel like such a newb. I had to ask the other day how to switch between open aps.

I love the big screen on the evo but the TP2 is still a great device. It just so happens it is running WM which there are pros and cons to. Like I said there is already a few things I miss but it's still a big change going from WM to android.

My big reason for giving up sero was any newer smart-phone sprint releases won't work on sero anyway. TP2 in my opinion was as good as it will for sero users. I always like having a higher end phone so I figured at some point I will have to give up sero to get better phones. Plus I have got a deal for so long as it is and I still did get to keep some perks from my old sero plan.

So goodbye WM - I won't be returning to it anytime soon. I already miss the keyboard a lot but hopefully I can master this on-screen business.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Goodbye MightyRom & TP2...

OMG, ANOTHER EVO thread....

Just shoot me now.....

~John
Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Exit24 is keeping up the good workExit24 is keeping up the good work

What perks were you able to keep?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

in before the move.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Thread moved to the Phone Comparison forum

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison