PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch>Diamond>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

johnnyboy8311 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Incredible instead of Evo

Well, after spending over an hour in Best Buy Monday playing with an Incredible and messing around with an HD2, I ditched Sprint and bought an Incredible. I was dead set on waiting for an Evo but I must say I've never been happier w/ a cell phone purchase. I never realized just how spotty Sprint's coverage was till I bought a Verizon phone. I mean this phone is fast...really fast. I get great 3g everywhere I am. My Palm Pre and more recently my Hero were constantly roaming and jumping into 2g at my house. I couldn't even use my phone anywhere downstairs now I'm getting blazing fast 3g all the way in the basement. Everyone always talks about how expensive Verizon is but I'm paying an extra $5 a month.

Yeah the Evo does have a few features I wish my Incredible did, mainly that front facing camera, but the worlds coolest phone is gonna absolutely blow if I'm only on a 2g roaming signal. The other thing that turned me off was the size. A 4.3" screen sounds great on paper but I gotta admit after playing around w/ the HD2 it's just too big. I just can't imagine lugging that thing around in my pocket. Especially after you put a case on it. It also was kinda weird and uncomfortable holding that thing up to my ear to make a phone call.

I know it sounds odd, but another deal breaker was the lack of a trackball or optical sensor to move the cursor around. I do use it more than a few times a day. I honestly can't think of an HTC Android headset that doesn't have some type of trackball.

Finally, I just can't help but think Sprint is gonna drop the ball on this. I mean look at Sprint's record. As far as I know Hero users are still waiting on that 2.1 update. By the time they released the Pre a new iPhone was out. And now there's rumors goin around that the Evo is getting pushed back to labor day.

Well that's just my 2 cents. I am sure a lot of you guys will disagree with me. But I absolutely love this phone.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: Incredible instead of Evo

I'm not going to disagree with you if that's what you need. Congrats on the purchase. For me, VZW is the same all around as Sprint is, if not worse in my area.

At the end of the day, not everyone wants the same things in a smartphone, and it seems like you got all the stuff you need.

EDIT: I don't think Sprint is going to drop the ball on the Evo. This is probably the most important device they've ever launched in the history of their company, and I'm sure they will dot all their I's and cross all their T's on this one.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

No service provider is perfect, period. Enjoy your new droid incredible, its a great phone but the evo is still better in every way.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

wow.. congratulations on your purchase! all it matters is that you are happy with your phone.
but ill probably be happier when i get my evo 4g lol jk
Old 05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
No service provider is perfect, period. Enjoy your new droid incredible, its a great phone but the evo is still better in every way.
Not in EVERY way. A lot of things are the same, and the Incredible does have AMOLED.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Not in EVERY way. A lot of things are the same, and the Incredible does have AMOLED.
I know but saying that the evo is better in every way just sounds good.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

Really? wow.. that's like saying you're festiva is as good as my ferrari, lol. you bought the phone, awesome.. you were sold, good! but, ummm.. the EVO has 4g, front facing camera, kickstand, 4.3in screen..who cares if the incredible is amoled. I saw the incredible myself..and I was disappointed. I'm sorry, I just can't be sold on anything less. oh yeah..HDMI too.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
yes but evo has a bigger screen.. example.. my sister has a 1080p tv but is only 32 inches.. my tv is 720 but a 42 which i love very much..i i dont see the difference at all
its just a matter of preferences i guess

but overall evo is better lol jk
Old 05-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Tmobile/ Sprint

Arreat is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Arreat

Quote:
I wouldn't say that an AMOLED is "better" lower power consumption sure. But inaccurate color representation(especially when everything ends uphavimg a red hue on the nexus and incredible), unusable outdoors, and having all the colors horribly over saturated make them a no go for me.

But the incredible does have a trackball. I'm jealous.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:36 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
yes but evo has a bigger screen.. example.. my sister has a 1080p tv but is only 32 inches.. my tv is 720 but a 42 which i love very much..i i dont see the difference at all
its just a matter of preferences i guess

but overall evo is better lol jk
I have a 42" 1080p in my bedroom. My buddy has the exact same TV in his house, except it's the 720p model, and the difference is significant. I'm not sure how you can't tell the difference, unless you're viewing it from a really far distance.

I also have a 55" 1080p in the living room. I bet you'd REALLY be able to tell the difference on that if it was 720p.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison