PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Verizon

juicemane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help on choosing my next phone please

what is the best phone to go to from a touch pro ?

im thinking blackberry ?
Old 12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
Re: help on choosing my next phone please

wait a sec and get the htc hd2. that's what i'm doing. although, considering the google phone too, if it has the same specs. i'd jump ship to get to android if the phone is good enough to hold it up.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Whatever you'd like! hehe

IMHO I'm going to Droid.....so there ya go.

See how many other opinions you get.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 12-21-2009, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69

HTC HD2 is coming to the U.S. on T-Mobile soon.
The Google Nexus One is also a choice.
From what I see you're on Verizon, so the top choices at this moment would be the Droid and the Droid Eris.
Imagio would also be a choice along with the Touch Pro 2.

Verizon 1.03.09V Radio
EnergyROM 28011 - 12/24/09 - Sense 2.1
Android 2.0.1 (Eclair)
Old 12-27-2009, 01:52 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicemane View Post
what is the best phone to go to from a touch pro ?

im thinking blackberry ?
pretty vague, what are your expectations of a phone?
Think about what your needs are first, then from there pick a realistic price range. I see that you're on the Verizon network, so unless you're changing carriers, you'll need to concentrate on the Verizon lineup. The most important thing to do is research, when you've narrowed down your phone(s) compare them side by side on sites such as phone scoop and cnet... then check for users forums and see what actual users are saying about the phone...

they use the phones daily and will be able to give you a clearer picture of the functionality of the phone. That is how I first discovered the HTC Touch Pro, compared and then looked at what users were saying about it here... I knew about PPCGeeks because I had a Palm Treo 700wx

this is my recommendations to you, as Courtney said, pick the phone that you think you will be happiest with

Now with all that said, I'd pick the Motorola Droid because it seems to be the best fit for my needs... if I were to get a phone right now
I have the Touch Pro 2 and I'm very happy with the phone especially sine the Andriod port for the phone is in full swing!

Happy phone shopping!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wait for the new year......I've decided to do that myself. Lots of new phones coming!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Good idea there.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

If u love messaging every which way u can think of. BB is the way to go.. if u like mulitasking like no other.. get a pre.. if your used to wm.. and really feel comfy with it.. get a tp2 or the imagio etc.. android i cant say.. havent realy messed with it yet.. but i hear its nice. but still has drawbacks like every other os or phone has.. lol

so really just go and check them all out at the respected stores.. and have fun playing.. then decide which is right for u.. Right now im all tp2 on tmobile.. and am loving it.. best wm phone to date..( outside of the vogue,,miss that little guy ) If webos was on a phone like the tp2 or droid it would be heaven.lol
Old 12-30-2009, 06:53 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

why don't we ever hear back from the thread starter on threads like this?
They ask for help and then you never see them again.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

juicemane is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
why don't we ever hear back from the thread starter on threads like this?
They ask for help and then you never see them again.
been busy lol
basically i want to get away from win mo ... my tp is too frustrating and laggy.

i text a lot, more than i talk
i do not like the battery life on the tp. it cannot even last a full weekend night. i need battery life.
camera / video is not important.
web browser is not important, i have facebook texts, hotmail texts and the internet at home lol.
the phone should have a media player, sold my ipod and use my tp currently.
thats bout it!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison