PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

salzion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to salzion
Re: What are the top 10 apps for WM 6.5

Well everyone is going to have a different list of suggestions of what they think the best apps are for their phone, so I'm just going to list the ones that I use regularly:

Slide 2 Play - an iPhone style music player (don't ask me why I despise the iPhone and iTouch and any other Apple product with i at the beginning)
Slide 2 Unlock - an iPhone style locking app (both of which are free and can be found rather easily if you want a link let me know)
Facebook Mobile - can get it off Windows Marketplace
Myspace Mobile - can get off Windows Marketplace
Twikini - Twitter application
Sashimi - if you have to hard reset your phone, it will automatically reinstall everything you had installed already automatically with just some simple set ups that you have to do before hand.
Everywan - an app for linking your phone to your PC, allowing you to have control over almost every aspect of your phone, including having skins to allow you to be able to push the buttons on your screen as if you were pushing them on your phone.
MyMobileR - another app for syncing your phone to your PC as far as for remote viewing, why I've been using 2 apps for this I'll never know, but both are free so who knows.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, I'd have to look through my phone to seeif there are anymore.

I guess, as far as what you'd want to consider the top 10 apps would also have to coincide with what you're wanting to do with your phone.

Just my thoughts.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

acidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to acidhax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
It costs money to license AAC-related intellectual property, so including AAC support in the very-popular Kinoma FreePlay isn't a sustainable business model.

We spent lots of time persuading the various entities that own AAC-related intellectual property to allow us to at least enable AAC support on a trial basis in Kinoma FreePlay, so I'm glad you were able to least experience it for a couple weeks.

If there's anything we can do to make its post-trial-period disappearance less annoying, we'd appreciate the feedback.

-- Charles Wiltgen
To be honest, I'd prefer to use Kinoma FreePlay over Kinoma Play's full version, I don't even play AAC. I feel overwhelmed and the full version seems bloated for my tastes. I'm just looking for something like kinoma as a mp3/flac player. However FreePlay doesn't allow you to modify bass and sound options, and neither will it let you play flac.

Play = bloated, FreePlay = underpowered... If i could just select Kinoma Play - and select Shuffle... I would be happy.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm Treo Pro
Carrier: SMART PH

bnycastro is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bnycastro Send a message via Yahoo to bnycastro

Here are my must have apps for WM
1. Resco Explorer + Registry Add-in
2. Ilium eWallet
3. Sprite Backup
4. Resco Photo Manager
5. NoData
6. Twikini
7. Iris Browser (unfortunately this has been discontinued but the browser still works well)
8. Garmin Mobile XT
9. GPS Test
10. IM+

The FORCE Will Be With You Always...
--
Apple iPhone 3GS (Sun) / palm Treo Pro (Smart) / HTC S730 (Standby)
Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
To be honest, I'd prefer to use Kinoma FreePlay over Kinoma Play's full version...
That's great! For a lot of folks, Kinoma FreePlay will do everything they need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
Play = bloated, FreePlay = underpowered...
Kinoma Play and Kinoma FreePlay are built on the same platform, and so one runs about as lean as the other.

The only noticeable difference is that all of Kinoma Play's additional features and codecs make for a slightly larger install footprint (by about 1.5MB), but things like RAM use, battery use, etc. are otherwise mostly identical.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

acidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to acidhax

Im not complaining of the speed, rather, the useless functions that kinoma play has... i just want the simplicity of kinoma freeplay, and the audio codec abilities of kinoma play...

I'll never use kinoma as for anything other than shoutcast and my own music library.. and i want to be able to control bass, etc, which is why i need kinoma play..

There's just no way to strip kinoma down...
Old 01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Chronic Chinito is a n00b

Anyone have a successful unlocking? I had been trying to run the PANTHER_CDMA_HSPL_V101 and keeps on giving me an error message; telling me to check my USB connection. I did a hard reset twice and even tried installing the recommended cab, but still no luck.

Give me bread and call me stupid.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Treo Pro

tms78 is a n00b

1)Opera Mobile 10 beta 2
2)Iris Browser
3)Twikini
4)MS Facebook
5)MS Myspace
6)Google Maps
7)Google Youtube
Palringo
9)Kevtris
10)Astraware Sudoku
Old 01-25-2010, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Chinito View Post
Anyone have a successful unlocking? I had been trying to run the PANTHER_CDMA_HSPL_V101 and keeps on giving me an error message; telling me to check my USB connection. I did a hard reset twice and even tried installing the recommended cab, but still no luck.
next time u try, when ur fone shows the tri color screen, unplug the usb, the plug it back in..cee if that helps u out

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Tags
top 10 applications