PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PAPutzback is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What are the top 10 apps for WM 6.5

Being a n00b with my first Windows Mobile PPC, a PC builder and developer I have found tinkering with my phone to be quite addictive. Thank goodness a hard reset is pretty easy.

I am just curious as to what the first 10 apps most people put on their phones. Not registry fixes though. I'd think that would fit in its own thread.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

acidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to acidhax
Re: What are the top 10 apps for WM 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPutzback View Post
Being a n00b with my first Windows Mobile PPC, a PC builder and developer I have found tinkering with my phone to be quite addictive. Thank goodness a hard reset is pretty easy.

I am just curious as to what the first 10 apps most people put on their phones. Not registry fixes though. I'd think that would fit in its own thread.
Kinoma Play --- a MUST for me ... and yes I paid for it.
Twikini
Opera Mobile
MS Facebook

Those are pretty much the only apps that I really use...
Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

DssTrainer is becoming a great contributor

Yea I couldn't believe Kinoma Play was $29.99 on the marketplace... what could be so great about a media player on a phone? Unless it plays every format like VLC on PC. But even still, I can't fathom paying for a media player when there are options like TCPMP and tons of others.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mmurgadojr is a n00b

Just try out the Kinoman free play. I personally have never payed for an app except for this one. Its not only a media player, its like an everything player. I can stream all my audio books, movies, use apps from their app store and muh more. Just try out the free kinoma first.
Attached Files
File Type: cab KinomaFreePlayInstaller.cab (1.72 MB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

acidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to acidhax

Yep, Kinoma Play is something that I have -never- regretted paying for. Besides, $30 is only like an hour of work. Well worth it.

OR you could pirate it, but, these guys deserve the money for this app. It plays everything. Did I mention it's fast and sexy looking?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile D

brettw.10 is a n00b

Kinoma Free Play annoyed me simply because it played my m4a files to start with, and then after a while told me that I had to upgrade to the full version.

Guess I will stick with WMP (I love how it sounds like a dead body crashing to the ground - whump!) for now...until Linux gets up and going on the TP.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile D

brettw.10 is a n00b

Oh, and what do ppl think of Memory Maid for 6.5?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw.10 View Post
Oh, and what do ppl think of Memory Maid for 6.5?
Do you mean MemMaid? I have not used it on 6.5 as it has not been updated since last year. I have been using SKTools exclusively.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
Yea I couldn't believe Kinoma Play was $29.99 on the marketplace... what could be so great about a media player on a phone? Unless it plays every format like VLC on PC. But even still, I can't fathom paying for a media player when there are options like TCPMP and tons of others.
Kinoma Play is much more than a Media Player - it's a media browser, really.... I paid for it and it has the coolest features! As I'm sitting here trying to think of the most interesting features, I find that there are so many that it's difficult to only pick a few....

Yvette
Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw.10 View Post
Kinoma Free Play annoyed me simply because it played my m4a files to start with, and then after a while told me that I had to upgrade to the full version.
It costs money to license AAC-related intellectual property, so including AAC support in the very-popular Kinoma FreePlay isn't a sustainable business model.

We spent lots of time persuading the various entities that own AAC-related intellectual property to allow us to at least enable AAC support on a trial basis in Kinoma FreePlay, so I'm glad you were able to least experience it for a couple weeks.

If there's anything we can do to make its post-trial-period disappearance less annoying, we'd appreciate the feedback.

-- Charles Wiltgen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Tags
top 10 applications