PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

PsXtreme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Teathering slower then usual

Ok so I got sick of using PDANet lastnight, because of the constant disconnects so I desided I would "hack" my phone so I could teather without needing PDANet. Anyways, I used QPST and a tutorial to set my phone up to use some other network and it required me to add a username/pass combo in under the PPC Config tab. The default was nothing in either box, infact the username and password boxes were black with red stripes going down it. I figured out with a simple registry tweak I could use the internet sharing icon under programs to teather and I didnt need to do all this crap I was orignally doing. So luckly I wrote down all my settings and restored them except that I cant erase the dang login info under ppc config. I tried leaving it blank and writing that to the rom, but when I click to read the phone it re-appears! How do I remove the login info and restore it back to the way it was. I dont mind doing a hard reset, I already tried that as a matter of fact and no dice. I can use the internet and teather but I was downloading at almost 200KB/s and now I am down to 13KB/s so now im like wtf is going on and thats the only thing I can see.

I do plan to upgrade my phone to WM6.5 in the next day or two but with the download speed I am getting I dunno. Also, I unlocked this treo pro and it only took like 3 minutes to do. I have done several hard resets after unlocking the phone. Does this "lock" the phone back up or is it unlocked for good now?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro