PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: Alltel

swearhino is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel specific palm treo pro question....

I Just got the palm treo pro ALLTEL phone. It was my understanding that they supported streaming media and flash. HOWEVER, when i go to any sites that have video like sling, or joost, tv.com, youtube from my browser, it never works. It either shows a symbol of adobe flash 9 or just doesnt play. On the Sprint phones i know there is a program preinstalled that is called streaming media. so can only the sprint phones do this on these sites? Or am i missing something? If this has already been addressed i apologize. I have searched and searched...
also, one more question, if you change your phone from alltel rom to sprint from, what does this do? can you still use it with alltel? do you get more features?? thanks for any help.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo PRO
Carrier: alltel

wombat25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel specific palm treo pro question....

The Alltel Treo PRO does support streaming media, however with the correct applications. Going to youtube.com will let you download the youtube cab file, and thats how I watch youtube videos. Not sure about joost or tv.com and if they have applications. I don't think that you are currently able to unlock alltel treo pros, especially with a sprint unlocker. you can try it, but you might brick it...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro